Links tagged “steyer”
- Dem Prez candidate Tom Steyer pledges to declare a ‘climate emergency’: ‘I’d use the emergency powers of the presidency’
Posted July 9, 20199:46 PM by Marc Morano | Tags: steyer
- Billionaire Tom Steyer Mentions Climate Change, CNN Moderators Move On To Other Topics
- Wealthy greens making dirty money
- Watch: Morano on Fox & Friends on Tom Steyer’s coal hypocrisy – ‘He was for coal before he was against coal’
- Flashback 2014: THE EPIC HYPOCRISY OF TOM STEYER
- Democrats terrified of losing Steyer’s $100 million to — Steyer! Urge him to ‘invest in OUR people & THEIR power … not this [presidential] bid’
In February, a spokeswoman for the newly formed pro-Inslee super PAC, Act Now On Climate, said Steyer “would be our first call” to ask for donations if Inslee entered the race. He announced his candidacy March 1. But the money never arrived...On Tuesday, Steyer scrapped any idea he’d rescue Inslee’s struggling campaign, saying he’s running for the Democratic nomination after all — and will spend $100 million on his own candidacy.
Tina Podlodowski, chair of the Washington State Democrats, criticized Steyer’s announcement on Twitter, urging him to reconsider how he’d spend his money. She compared his candidacy to the presidential aspirations of another billionaire, former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz.“$100M would give SUCH a boost to every State Party in the country, allowing us to win up & down the ballot & invest in our organizers and volunteers. Invest in OUR people and THEIR power … not this bid. Please don’t Schultz it up!,” Podlodowski wrote on Twitter.
- Prominent environmentalist Shellenberger trashes Tom Steyer as ‘billionaire fossil fuel magnate turned megalomaniacal Democratic presidential candidate’
Time Magazine ‘Hero of the Environment’ Michael Shellenberger on Tom Styer: "Head of Sierra Club calls billionaire fossil fuel magnate turned megalomaniacal Democratic presidential candidate 'another climate champ.' Not the Onion, sadly.
- Flashback 2014: NYT: Prominent environmentalist Tom Steyer helped fund coal projects – ‘Cloud Steyer’s image as an environmental savior’
NYT: Over the past 15 years, Mr. Steyer’s fund, Farallon Capital Management, has pumped hundreds of millions of dollars into companies that operate coal mines and coal-fired power plants from Indonesia to China, records and interviews show. The expected life span of those facilities, some of which may run through 2030, could cloud Mr. Steyer’s image as an environmental savior and the credibility of his clean-energy message, which has won him access to the highest levels of American government. Together, those mines have increased their annual production by about 70 million tons since they received money from the hedge fund, according to corporate records, government data and interviews with industry experts...
That is more than the amount of coal consumed annually by Britain. “I am disappointed, I have to say,” said Dale Jamieson, a professor of environmental studies at New York University, who said he admired Mr. Steyer’s campaign to curb climate change. When it comes to large-scale investments in coal, Professor Jamieson said, “you can’t undo what you’ve done in the past.”
- Unionization Fight Looms Over Tom Steyer’s 2020 Announcement
Field organizers for NextGen America, a group Steyer founded, are in a fight with managers over the size of their collective bargaining unit.
- Liberals react to Steyer presidential run: ‘Steyer thinks our country’s problems can be solved by a white guy with lots of money’
"Tom Steyer has decided that the Democratic party desperately needs yet another white man to fix the problems caused by a white man, and he feels he is just the white man for the job. So he’s planning to blow $100m of his own money to do it. At a time when the Democratic party seems completely uninterested and unimpressed by rich white men, this rich white man has made the calculation that what the Democratic party is greatly lacking in its enormous candidate pool is another rich white man specifically put his riches front and center."
CNN: UN report warns ‘the climate time bomb is ticking’
Flashback: Earth ‘serially doomed’: The official history of climate ‘Tipping Points’ began in 1864 – A new ‘global warming’ 12-year deadline from Rep. Ocasio-Cortez
Climate Tipping Points date back to at least 1864
“As early as 1864 George Perkins Marsh, sometimes said to be the father of American ecology, warned that the earth was ‘fast becoming an unfit home for its “noblest inhabitant,”’ and that unless men changed their ways it would be reduced ‘to such a condition of impoverished productiveness, of shattered surface, of climatic excess, as to threaten the depravation, barbarism, and perhaps even extinction of the species.’” —MIT professor Leo Marx
UN Is A Climate ‘Disinformation Threat Actor’ – If UN & U.S. govt are so committed to censoring disinformation, why are they themselves spreading it?
UN IPCC’s new report insists we can control weather & climate: ‘Whatever future we end up with is within our control’ — ‘If we act now’
It “is quite clear that whatever future we end up with is within our control,” Piers Forster, who helped write one of the panel’s earlier reports, told the Times. “It is up to humanity … to determine what we end up with.”
- Report: ‘Here’s what to expect from the latest UN climate change assessment’ – ‘Likely to feature…bold headlines’