Links tagged “legates”
- White House Brochures on Climate – There is no climate crisis – Federal climate scientists release studies challenging climate ‘consensus’
Posted September 28, 20201:53 PM by Marc Morano | Tags: consensus buster, legates, trump
- Trump appoints NOAA climate skeptic to panel selecting National Medal of Science winners
- NOAA chief scientist — ‘who questions the seriousness of global warming’ — moves to White House to oversee climate report
- Cheers! Trump administration chooses Climatologist Dr. David Legates — who questions ‘global warming’ — to run key climate program
Myron Ebell, a climate change skeptic at the Competitive Enterprise Institute who is close to the administration, called Legates “an excellent scientist” and said he’d make a successful executive director of the office that produces the assessment.
- Morano in Bloomberg News: ‘Trump should undertake a hiring bonanza of skeptical climate scientists’ in Govt – ‘A scientific version of affirmative action hiring practices’
“The Trump administration should undertake a hiring bonanza of skeptical climate scientists to fill positions ,” said Marc Morano, a former Republican staffer for the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee who runs the ClimateDepot.com website. “I expect to see the Trump administration partake in a scientific version of affirmative action hiring practices in the government for the next 10 weeks.”
Also in Yahoo News here.
- White House plans to put ‘denier’ in charge of climate program
- Finally! Trump Admin is ‘listening to the science’ & seeks to rebut previous unscientific ‘extreme scenario’ National Climate Assessment
NYT: Marc Morano, a prominent denier of established climate change science, cheered the departure of Mr. Kuperberg and said he expects Mr. Legates to be named. “The Trump administration is ‘listening to the science’ by clearing out the anti-science promoters of extreme climate scenarios. These moves are long, long overdue,” he said.
Myron Ebell, a director at the Competitive Enterprise Institute and a former member of Mr. Trump’s transition team. Mr. Ebell, whose organization has championed the appointment of Dr. [David] Legates and others who question the established science of climate change, said the intention is for him to lead the program while continuing to hold his position at NOAA. “It might be a short-term appointment,” Mr. Ebell said, given the election of President-elect Biden, who has said he will embrace aggressive efforts to tackle climate change. “If he only directs it for two months and a week, then he may not get very far, but let’s see what can get done in two months. Maybe the next administration will throw it all away, but maybe some changes will be adopted, who knows,” Mr. Ebell said.
- Rebuttal: Full takedown of mainstream media’s incorrect climate claims & media’s attack on NOAA scientist Dr. David Legates
- ‘You are a murderer!’ – ‘You are an evil fat man!’ Listen: Nasty voicemails greet NOAA’s new skeptical climate scientist Dr. David Legates
Matt Briggs: "Then came the hate calls. I have permission for you to delight in this mad woman’s ravings." (Listen at bottom of this page:)
Listen to hate voice mails left on Dr. Legates phone:
Selected Excerpts: "You have not heard the last of me. Don't you dare have anything to do with NOAA. Somebody who doesn't believe in climate change?!
"Lose some weight, you're fat. Worse than that, you are stupid!"
"You are an evil disgusting man and you will hear more from me. Shame on you and lose some weight!
"Trump is a murderer!" ... "You are a murderer."
She then begins to sob. Then adds climate change is "killing people because you don't care, because you are an evil fat man! Don't you dare go head up NOAA!"
- White House recruited climate critics for NOAA – ‘White House has been quietly working in recent weeks to reshape the leadership of NOAA with a goal of criticizing climate science’
Climate Depot response: "The big question is, why did the Trump administration wait until late in year four of his first term to start doing the right thing!?"
2023 Edition: What the media won’t tell you about . . . hurricanes – The science and data reporters refuse to report – Dr. Roger Pielke Jr.
Dr. Roger Pielke Jr.: The science and data reporters refuse to report: "Hurricane landfalls along the continental U.S. show no trends since at least 1900.""Development and growth are sufficient to explain why hurricane damage has increased dramatically."
Climate Lockdowns Begin: France bans short-haul flights in favor of train travel ‘to cut carbon emissions’
Marc Morano comment on banning short airline flights: “You were warned! This is what a climate lockdown looks like. This is what the Great Reset looks like. The climate agenda demands you give up airline travel, car travel, cheap reliable energy, and plentiful food. Net Zero goals are now dictating vehicle shortages to force more people into mass transit.
They're going after your freedom of movement; they're going after private car ownership, they're going after everything it means to be a free person and turning it over to the administrative state."
Climate skeptics’ panel discussion at Princeton ‘Zoom-bombed’! ‘The N-word & a doodle of male genitalia’ appeared over Dr. Will Happer’s presentation slides
Princeton Alumni Weekly: "A panel titled “Climate Change is NOT an Emergency,” sponsored by the Conservative Princeton Association, featured speakers arguing that the media and policymakers are pushing a narrative laden with misinformation and fear. ... William Happer *64, an emeritus professor of physics at Princeton, said you can’t “dial” the Earth’s temperature up and down using carbon dioxide levels.
While Happer was speaking, the panel was Zoom-bombed: The N-word and a doodle of male genitalia suddenly appeared on the screen over his slides. The technical staff immediately shut down the event on Zoom, and it continued in person only.
Physicist: ‘The frequency & severity of floods, droughts, hurricanes, tornadoes, heat waves & wildfires are not increasing, & may even be declining in some cases’
"The frequency of North Atlantic hurricanes has been essentially unchanged since 1851, as seen in the following figure. The apparent heightened hurricane activity over the last 20 years, particularly in 2005 and 2020, simply reflects improvements in observational capabilities since 1970 and is unlikely to be a true climate trend, say a team of hurricane experts."