Chaos on Tufton Street in UK as Just Stop Oil spray orange substance over home to UK climate skeptics group Global Warming Policy Foundation
- A Just Stop Oil protester sprayed an orange substance over the front of 55 Tufton Street in Westminster today
- The residence is home to the Global Warming Policy Foundation and other fossil fuel lobby groups
- The Metropolitan Police arrested one person on suspicion of criminal damage in connection to the incident
- Seven other demonstrators were taken into custody on suspicion of wilful obstruction of the highway
- The stunt is the mob’s 27th protest this month and comes after they vandalised a waxwork of King Charles III
Just Stop Oil fanatics brought chaos to central London again today as zealots lay on the road and sprayed an orange substance over the front door of a building associated with climate change sceptics and Brexit-backing think-tanks.
Footage showed a fanatic dousing the front of 55 Tufton Street in Westminster, home to the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) and other fossil fuel lobby groups, in the liquid this morning.
The spray paint came as part of a wider protest which saw a total of six protesters block Horseferry Road. Some protesters glued themselves onto the tarmac in the road while others locked themselves together.
A furious taxi driver was seen driving over the pavement as zealots lay in the middle of nearby Horseferry Road to block traffic. The Metropolitan Police said the chaos was cleared up by 1.20pm.
Officers arrested one person on suspicion of criminal damage and seven others on suspicion of wilful obstruction of the highway.
The protester who threw the paint, identified by Just Stop Oil as a ‘normal guy from south London’, said he attacked the property in an attempt to fight ‘big oil, famine, pestilence and war’.
Today’s stunt marks the environmental mob’s 27th protest this month and comes a day after police arrested a group of Just Stop Oil protesters who threw chocolate cake in the face of a waxwork of King Charles III at Madame Tussauds in central London.
Just Stop Oil activist sprays an orange substance over the headquarters of climate-change-sceptic lobby groups today