AP’s Seth Borenstein Shocker: FEDERAL REPORT: ‘GLOBAL WARMING DIDN’T CAUSE BIG US DROUGHT’ — ‘A random event’
'Last year's huge drought was a freak of nature that wasn't caused by man-made global warming, a new federal science study finds. Scientists say the lack of moisture usually pushed up from the Gulf of Mexico was the main reason for the drought in the nation's midsection. Thursday's report by dozens of scientists from five different federal agencies looked into why forecasters didn't see the drought coming. The researchers concluded that it was so unusual and unpredictable that it couldn't have been forecast. "This is one of those events that comes along once every couple hundreds of years," said lead author Martin Hoerling, a research meteorologist at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. "Climate change was not a significant part, if any, of the event."
Other scientists have linked recent changes in the jet stream to shrinking Arctic sea ice, but Hoerling and study co-author Richard Seager of Columbia University said those global warming connections are not valid.
Hoerling used computer simulations to see if he could replicate the drought using man-made global warming conditions. He couldn't. So that means it was a random event, he said.
By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotApril 11, 2013 10:15 PM
- ‘Only one sausage per month for everyone!’ German Nutrition Society recommends over 90% reduction in daily meat eating– to combat global warming
- Great Food Reset: Irish Gov’t Seeks to Sacrifice 300,000 Cows To Reach Net Zero Climate Goals – Kerry targets U.S. farmers Next!
- Domestic Flights Banned in France to Cut Carbon – Morano warned Tucker Carlson specifically about travel bans back in 2021
- Watch: Morano on OAN TV on France flight bans: ‘This is what a climate lockdown looks like. This is what the Great Reset looks like’
- Watch: Morano on Newsmax TV banning airline flights: ‘The fix is in’ – ‘They are abolishing the middle class, they are treating us like the unwashed masses’
- ‘Energy poverty is the Biden Admin’s energy policy. Equity. As in you will all be equally poor together regardless’ – Biden admin issues 20-year oil drilling ban
- Say What?! The Hill: ‘Climate paradox’ – New study finds emissions cuts ‘will make the earth much hotter in the short term’
- Study: Lower emissions during the COVID lockdowns caused climate warming effect – ‘Short-lived cooling particles in the air was greatly reduced’
- Watch: Morano on Fox News on climate flight bans: ‘You will go nowhere & be happy’ – ‘Flying is going to be a venue only for the rich’ & they are ‘intentionally creating car shortages’ – ’15-minute cities’ like E. Germany
- John Kerry To Peasants: Die, To Save The Planet – ‘The world’s population must slash meat consumption’ – Statistician pushes back: ‘Net Zero is the lunatic idea’
- Jane Fonda blames ‘white men’ for climate change – Morano responds: ‘This is actually a mainstream view as identity politics has invaded the entire climate change movement’
- 2023 Edition: What the media won’t tell you about . . . hurricanes – The science and data reporters refuse to report – Dr. Roger Pielke Jr.
- France’s Ban on Short-Haul Flights Will Kill People – ‘You’re 2,200 times more likely to die when traveling by car as opposed to by airplane’
- Climate Lockdowns Begin: France bans short-haul flights ‘to cut carbon emissions’ – You Will Go Nowhere & Be Happy
- Climate skeptics’ panel discussion at Princeton ‘Zoom-bombed’! ‘The N-word & a doodle of male genitalia’ appeared over Dr. Will Happer’s presentation slides
- CFACT questions BlackRock’s Fink over growing ESG pushback
- Blue state county in NJ votes unanimously against offshore wind development citing negative environmental impacts
- Watch: Camera crane swings into action, knocking climate protester to the ground during live Swedish dance show
- Physicist: ‘The frequency & severity of floods, droughts, hurricanes, tornadoes, heat waves & wildfires are not increasing, & may even be declining in some cases’
- Physicist: ‘No evidence climate change is causing tornadoes to become more frequent & stronger’