Links tagged “michael”
- Bravo! Trump Spars With AP Reporters On ‘Global Warming’ – ‘You have scientists on both sides of the picture’ – ‘I agree the climate changes, but it goes back and forth, back and forth. So we’ll see’
Posted October 11, 201811:28 AM by Marc Morano | Tags: hurricanes, michael
- MIKE PENCE GOES TOE TO TOE WITH THE MEDIA OVER ‘GLOBAL WARMING’
- ENVIRONMENTALIST: WE NEED MORE HURRICANE MICHAELS – TO ‘WAKE UP’ VOTERS TO DEFEAT GOP
- Chuck Schumer Spews Climate Falsehoods On The Senate Floor
- PROFESSOR SAYS HURRICANE VICTIMS ARE ‘REAPING’ THEIR DECISION TO ELECT ‘CLIMATE DENIERS’
“Victims of Hurricane Michael voted for climate deniers,” reads the headline an article by Abraham, published in The Guardian Thursday. “Elections have consequences. Denying science has consequences. And we are reaping what we sow,” the subhead reads.
- Analysis: Many of Hurricane Michael’s ‘record-breaking’ claims don’t stand up to scrutiny
Analysis by Paul Homewood: "While Michael was certainly a disastrous hurricane, three specific claims have been made about it, which don’t stand up to scrutiny:
1) Claim: It was the biggest storm on record for the Florida Panhandle: Response: This first claim is plainly meaningless, given that the Panhandle is only a tiny part of the whole US coastline.
2) Claim: It was the third most powerful to hit the US, based on barometric pressure: Response: We know that Hurricane Hunter aircraft kept well away from the center of the strongest storms in the early days, so we have no way of knowing whether other storms prior to Camille were as intense unless surface observations were available...Michael may have had the lowest pressure of any storm since Camille, but such claims cannot be made for earlier periods.
3) Claim: It was the fourth strongest in terms of wind speeds: Response: The claim of 155 mph was based solely on SFMR measurements, which the NHC already admit are questionable...Maximum surge seems to have been around 7 feet. I have heard this described on a news bulletin as “epic”, which is utter nonsense – this is not unusual for any hurricane.
A surge of just 7 feet would suggest that Michael’s wind speeds were much less than claimed...By contrast, the storm surge during Camille was 24.6 feet.
- Sen Schumer goes full witchcraft: ‘If We Would Do More on Climate Change, We’d Have Fewer of These Hurricanes’
Schumer claims: Human Beings Could Reduce Frequency of Hurricanes
New York Senator Chuck Schumer: "If we would do more on climate change, we'd have fewer of these hurricanes and other types of storms. Everyone knows that, except a few." - Schumer said the Trump administration has done nothing but "move the issue backward."
Blaming bad weather/hurricanes on Trump and/or ‘global warming’ is a throwback to medieval witchcraft – Book Excerpt
- Warmist Professor on Hurricane Michael: ‘Climate deniers are making these storms worse by stopping action on climate change’
John Abraham, thermal sciences professor at the University of St. Thomas School of Engineering: “It is climate denial like his that has contributed to the suffering of residents in the state,” said Mr. Abraham in his column for the Guardian...“Climate deniers are making these storms worse by stopping action on climate change,” he continued. “What the hell do we expect to happen when the deniers are writing the laws?” ...
Climate Depot’s Marc Morano pointed to the recent 11-year gap in major hurricanes making U.S. landfall, which ended in August 2017 with Hurricane Harvey, the longest such “hurricane drought” in recorded history.
“If they want to blame Republican policies for recent hurricanes, will they also credit the GOP for the more than a decade lull in hurricanes?” he asked. “We have reached the level of inane belief that government regulations and taxes can influence storms.”
- Meteorologist Joe Bastardi explains Hurricane Michael: ‘This is not climate change’
“You could see this coming, you could see the whole pattern coming,” Bastardi said. “We talked to Sean on the 16th of September, I said I’ll be seeing you again in October probably because of a big Gulf storm.” Bastardi added, “It’s not because of your SUV, this is what nature is capable of doing, and you could see this pattern setting up pretty far in advance.”
- ‘It’s Gone. It’s Gone’: Hurricane Michael Effectively Flattened This Florida City
Study: Lower emissions during the COVID lockdowns caused climate warming effect – ‘Short-lived cooling particles in the air was greatly reduced’
Via Engineering & Technology: While reduced air pollution emissions leads to better air quality, they also enable stronger climate warming effects, scientists in Sweden have said. ... It was discovered that while the concentrations of polluting short-lived air particles decreased significantly, the concentrations of longer-lived greenhouse gases were barely affected in the air mass over South Asia. The cooling effect of the aerosols comes from the fact that they reflect incoming solar radiation back into space. With a lower aerosol content, there is less cooling, and thus less ‘masking’ of the warming effect of the significantly longer-lived climate gases. ...
The results show that a complete phasing out of fossil-fuel combustion in favour of renewable energy sources with zero emissions could result in rapid ‘unmasking’ of aerosols, while greenhouse gases linger. ... “During a couple of decades, emission reductions risk leading to net climate warming due to the ‘masking’ effect of air particles, before the temperature reduction from reduced greenhouse gas emissions takes over.
John Kerry To Peasants: Die, To Save The Planet – ‘The world’s population must slash meat consumption’ – Statistician pushes back: ‘Net Zero is the lunatic idea’
Statistician Dr. WILLIAM M BRIGGS: Kerry claims “the world’s population must slash meat consumption.” ... Stopping people from farming will indeed stop their “emissions”. If by “emissions” he means breathing. Because once farmers stop farming, the food stops. And once the food stops, breathing stops. And once breathing stops, emissions stop. And once emissions stop, the nirvana of “net zero” will have been reached. ...
The government will shut down little- and mid-guy farms, while allowing mega-corporation donors—I mean farm owners—to keep running. Meaning Kerry, and Gates, are calling for a New & Improved! scientific method of collectivisation. Only instead of direct government ownership of farms, oligarchs will own them. The price they pay will be having Experts produce the regulations that govern them. Could it be a coincidence Gates has been buying up farmland?
2023 Edition: What the media won’t tell you about . . . hurricanes – The science and data reporters refuse to report – Dr. Roger Pielke Jr.
Dr. Roger Pielke Jr.: The science and data reporters refuse to report: "Hurricane landfalls along the continental U.S. show no trends since at least 1900.""Development and growth are sufficient to explain why hurricane damage has increased dramatically."
Climate Lockdowns Begin: France bans short-haul flights ‘to cut carbon emissions’ – You Will Go Nowhere & Be Happy
Marc Morano comment on banning short airline flights: “You were warned! This is what a climate lockdown looks like. This is what the Great Reset looks like. The climate agenda demands you give up airline travel, car travel, cheap reliable energy, and plentiful food. Net Zero goals are now dictating vehicle shortages to force more people into mass transit.
They're going after your freedom of movement; they're going after private car ownership, they're going after everything it means to be a free person and turning it over to the administrative state."