Links tagged “koonin”
- Skeptic wins rare climate debate in New York City: It’s Official: Warmist Andrew Dessler lost to Physicist Steve Koonin – Audience voted Koonin the winner
"Koonin won, the swing was 25% in his favor."
Author Jerome Corsi, who attended the debate in person, observed: "Dr. Dessler persisted in requesting slides (identified by number, 'Can we see slide #27,' for instance. But when displayed on a big screen at the front of the auditorium, the slide, eventually found, contained print too small to be read. Perhaps that was to Dr. Dessler’s benefit. The inherently questionable arguments the requested slides were supposed to 'prove' truthfully made going to 'evidence' premature."
Flashback 2007: Scientific Smackdown: Skeptics Voted The Clear Winners Against Global Warming Believers in Heated NYC DebatePosted April 26, 20215:02 PM by Admin | Tags: consensus buster, koonin
- Listen to full 2 hours: Fmr. Obama physicist Dr. Steven Koonin Debunks man-made climate change fears on The Joe Rogan Experience
- Will Obama Deny the ‘Obama Scientist’ at Glasgow UN Climate Summit? Physicist Koonin puts the former president’s demagogy in new light
In his 2019 memoir, A Promised Land, he admits to the unfortunate optics of his trip to the 2009 UN global summit on climate change in Copenhagen. “Has anyone ever considered,” he reportedly asked an aide on the flight to Copenhagen, “the amount of carbon dioxide I’m releasing into the atmosphere as a result of these trips to Europe?” The aide quipped, “You might not want to mention that in your speech tomorrow.” ...
Koonin said atmospheric CO2 will continue to increase whatever draconian solutions governments impose on their citizens, with the poor everywhere suffering most. A fan of mankind, Koonin believes that adaptation to a gradual global warming will allow us to prosper. “This is not at all an unmitigated disaster as people would have you believe,” said Koonin. “We’ll learn to take advantage of whatever changes happen rather than simply tolerate them. That’s what humans do, and we’re pretty good at it.”
- Review: The reaction to Physicist Dr. Steven Koonin’s book highlights just how toxic the climate debate has become
- NY Times Claims ‘Climate Change’ Behind Western Heatwave Using ‘Rapid Attribution’ Study – Physicist Koonin rebuts: ‘It’s like a spiritual adviser who claims his influence helped you win the lottery — after you’ve already won it’
“Attribution” analysis is specifically criticized by former Obama administration climate scientist Steven E. Koonin in his new book, Unsettled: What Climate Science Tells Us, What It Doesn’t, and Why It Matters.
Koonin: "Practitioners argue that event attribution studies are the best climate science can do in terms of connecting weather to changes in climate. But as a physical scientist, I’m appalled that such studies are given credence, much less media coverage. A hallmark of science is that conclusions get tested against observations. But that’s virtually impossible for weather attribution studies. Its like a spiritual adviser who claims he influence helped you win the lottery — after you’ve already won it.
The bottom line is that the science says that most extreme weather events show no long-term trends that can be attributed to human influences on the climate. (What models might project for future extremes is quite a different matter, though its often conflated with what the observational record shows.) Yet the popular perception that extreme events are becoming more common and more severe remains."
- Professor Steven Koonin to deliver the 2021 Annual GWPF Lecture
- Former Obama Scientist Dr. Steve Koonin rebuts attack from 12 climate activist academics: Cites Einstein: ‘If I were wrong, it wouldn’t take a dozen scientists to disprove me – one would be sufficient’
Koonin told Climate Depot on June 3, 2021: "I attach a response that I submitted yesterday to Scientific American. Not surprisingly, they declined to publish it."
Koonin: "To paraphrase a statement attributed to Einstein, 'If I were wrong, it wouldn’t take a dozen scientists to disprove me - one would be sufficient.' As I write in Unsettled, I welcome serious, informed discussion of any of the points I raise in the book. Unfortunately, the article by Oreskes et al. falls well short of that standard."
Scientific American Denies Steve Koonin Chance To Respond To Attack Article By Oreskes et al.
- Watch: Obama Energy Dept. scientist Dr. Koonin dissents: Human have not ‘broken’ the climate system – Climate alarmists ‘misinformed’
- Watch: Bill O’Reilly interviews NYU Physicist Koonin on Global Warming and he had some interesting things to say
- Obama Chief Scientist Cools on Climate Crisis News Coverage
CNN: UN report warns ‘the climate time bomb is ticking’
Flashback: Earth ‘serially doomed’: The official history of climate ‘Tipping Points’ began in 1864 – A new ‘global warming’ 12-year deadline from Rep. Ocasio-Cortez
Climate Tipping Points date back to at least 1864
“As early as 1864 George Perkins Marsh, sometimes said to be the father of American ecology, warned that the earth was ‘fast becoming an unfit home for its “noblest inhabitant,”’ and that unless men changed their ways it would be reduced ‘to such a condition of impoverished productiveness, of shattered surface, of climatic excess, as to threaten the depravation, barbarism, and perhaps even extinction of the species.’” —MIT professor Leo Marx
UN Is A Climate ‘Disinformation Threat Actor’ – If UN & U.S. govt are so committed to censoring disinformation, why are they themselves spreading it?
UN IPCC’s new report insists we can control weather & climate: ‘Whatever future we end up with is within our control’ — ‘If we act now’
It “is quite clear that whatever future we end up with is within our control,” Piers Forster, who helped write one of the panel’s earlier reports, told the Times. “It is up to humanity … to determine what we end up with.”
- Report: ‘Here’s what to expect from the latest UN climate change assessment’ – ‘Likely to feature…bold headlines’