Links tagged “Earth hour”
- Celebrate the warmth: ‘We should spend Earth Hour giving thanks for warmth’
'Our sun is showing disturbing signs of reduced activity'Posted March 29, 201412:48 PM by Marc Morano | Tags: barack obama, coal, Earth hour, energy, epa
- Earth Hour Set for March 28 with Focus on Climate Change
- Greens invent new day: ‘Earth Overshoot Day’: ‘In less than 8 Months, Humanity exhausts Earth’s budget for the year’
'Earth Overshoot Day is the annual marker of when we begin living beyond our means in a given year'
- Flashback: ‘Earth Hour?!’ Celebrate Coal not Candles: ‘It was coal that produced clean electric power which cleared the smog produced by dirty combustion & open fires in big cities like London and Pittsburgh’
'It was coal that saved the forests being felled to fuel the first steam engines and produce charcoal for the first iron smelters. It was coal that powered the light bulbs and saved the whales being slaughtered for whale oil lamps. Without coal, we would be back in the dark days of candles, wood stoves, chip heaters, open fires, smoky cities, hills bare of trees and streets knee deep in horse manure'
- Flashback: Ross McKitrick: ‘I abhor Earth Hour…It celebrates ignorance, poverty & backwardness. By repudiating the greatest engine of liberation it becomes an hour devoted to anti-humanism’
- The Inconvenient Truth: ‘Earth Hour’ adds to CO2 emissions Mocks the poor
''Bjorn Lomborg: 'While more than a billion people across the globe make a symbol of forgoing non-essential electrical power for one hour a year, another 1.3 billion people across the developing world will continue to live without electricity as they do every other night of the year. Almost three billion people still burn dung, twigs and other traditional fuels indoors to cook and keep warm. These fuels give off noxious fumes that kill an estimated 3.5 million people each year, mostly women and children.'
- Flashback: Watch Now: Morano on TV: Screw Earth Hour! ‘Why are we celebrating the Dark Ages? Why are we celebrating what N. Korea has already achieved?!’
- Lights on for freedom @8:30 PM Saturday night – Say ‘NO’ to “Earth Hour” darkness
What climate ‘crisis?! Record World Cereal Outputs Forecast for 2023/24
Watch: Fmr. Rep. Michele Bachmann at WHO Meeting in Geneva – Previews pandemic lockdowns & medical tyranny
STUDY: ‘Global warming can cause headaches’ through ‘stress of…changes in weather patterns’ – Makes Parkinson’s, ‘stroke, MS, migraines, & dementia worse’
According to researchers from the American Academy of Neurology, global warming is fueling a rise in neurological diseases ranging from migraines to Alzheimer’s. People with Parkinson’s and multiple sclerosis (MS) may also experience worsening symptoms. ...
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, rising global average temperature continue to impact widespread changes in weather patterns, and extreme weather events—such as heat waves and hurricanes—are likely to become more frequent or more intense. Experts suggest that the stress of these events can trigger headaches.
The World Health Organization has referred to climate change as “the single biggest health threat facing humanity.”
COVID & Climate Merge: Rockefeller Foundation & WHO announce partnership for ‘preventing pandemics fueled by climate change’
Rockefeller Foundation May 23, 2023 Press Release: "US$ 5M investment will accelerate priority projects of the WHO Hub for Pandemic and Epidemic Intelligence to drive global collaboration in genomic surveillance, adoption of data tools for pathogen detection, and assessment of climate-aggravated outbreak threats - The Foundation is investing US$ 5M in partners working with WHO to cultivate global networks for pathogen detection and strengthen pandemic preparedness capabilities, including broadening surveillance for diseases worsened by rising temperatures and extreme weather." ...
“Climate change is increasing both the risk of another global pandemic and the need to collaborate and share data,” said Dr. Rajiv Shah, President of The Rockefeller Foundation. "We’re proud to partner with the Hub to expand its focus on preventing pandemics fueled by climate change.” ...
Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu, WHO Assistant Director-General and head of the WHO Hub for Pandemic and Epidemic Intelligence. “With the increasing threats from climate change, we are excited to partner with The Rockefeller Foundation to usher in a new era of global collaboration in pandemic intelligence.”
Flashback: Harvard School of Public Health links Climate & COVID: ‘The root causes of climate change also increase the risk of pandemics’ – ‘We also need to take climate action to prevent the next pandemic’