Links tagged “bezos”
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos so concerned about sea level rise that he bought a $78 million dollar beachfront mansion
- CNBC: Private Jets? Multiple Mansions? Mega-yachts? Not to worry! Billionaires like Bill Gates & Jeff Bezos ‘buy carbon offsets’
- Will enviros stay silent?! Billionaires Gates, Bezos & Bloomberg team up to drill for rare earth metals in Greenland needed for electric car batteries – Seek to obtain $1.4 trillion worth of rare natural resources
Reuters: "The license holds metals such as nickel, copper, cobalt and platinum and the funding will cover evaluation and initial drilling. KoBold is a privately-held company whose principal investors include Breakthrough Energy Ventures, a climate and technology fund backed by Microsoft (MSFT.O) co-founder Bill Gates, Bloomberg founder Michael Bloomberg, Amazon (AMZN.O) founder Jeff Bezos, and Ray Dalio, founder of the world's largest hedge fund Bridgewater Associates."
- Jeff Bezos says spaceflight reinforced his commitment to solving climate change – Urges polluting industries to be moved to space in order to preserve the environment on Earth
- Why space flights’ green credentials don’t fly: Billionaire space race between Bezos & Branson raises climate questions
"Both claim green credits for their endeavours." ... "Rocket launch emissions can include black carbon (aka soot) as well as CO2. The higher a spacecraft flies, the more fuel it requires. The Space Shuttle orbiter needed almost 720,000 kilograms of liquid fuel and 500,000 kilograms of solid rocket fuel to reach space." ...
"Branson has estimated that a minutes-long suborbital flight on Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo has a similar carbon footprint as a commercial jet flying between London and Singapore. But international flights of that sort generally carry hundreds of passengers at a time to a fixed destination. SpaceShipTwo's emissions are for a minutes-long roller coaster ride above the Kármán line and back."
- The Real Reason Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and Google Want You to Eat Lab-Grown ‘Meat’ – ‘Have a big financial interest in getting you to switch to a diet of 100% synthetic beef’
- Stop the Presses! ‘150 world leaders’ including Jeff Bezos, Ford CEO & Leonardo DiCaprio tell Biden ‘fighting climate means job creation’
- ‘We’re in the Money’: Bezos set to shower Greens with $billions
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is giving out almost $800M to ‘fight climate change’
Bezos, who is worth approximately $183 billion, announced 16 grants worth $791 million as part of the Bezos Earth Fund "fight climate change and its impact on communities around the world," according to his Instagram post. "We can all protect Earth’s future by taking bold action now," Bezos added. JEFF BEZOS DONATES $10B TO FIGHT CLIMATE CHANGE
The 56-year-old did not specifically mention what dollar amounts the organizations would get, but The Nature Conservancy (TNC) and the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) each received $100 million, according to statements from both organizations. The other 14 grantees are as follows:
- The Climate and Clean Energy Equity Fund
- ClimateWorks Foundation, Dream Corps Green For All
- Eden Reforestation Projects
- Energy Foundation
- The Hive Fund for Climate and Gender Justice
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- NDN Collective
- Rocky Mountain Institute
- Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- The Solutions Project
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- World Resources Institute
- World Wildlife Fund
- Liberals Angry: Jeff Bezos DONATED ONLY $10 BILLION To Fight Climate Change
Great Water Reset: The UN & WEF are coming for your water now! ‘Sustainable development’ water dictates – Aim to ‘achieve internationally agreed water-related goals’
Cheryl K. Chumley: The United Nations plans to protect water that’s used for bathing; water that’s used for developments; water that’s home to sea life; water that’s used for transportation. So the up-and-coming controls would likely focus on residential limits to water usage, and costly increases to access that water; on bans on agricultural usage, and costly increases on farmers; on strict controls on the types and numbers of ships that can sail the seas and rivers and channels, and costly increases for this form of transportation. ... as with carbon offsets, the U.N. water czars will demand trades of activities to offset the supposed pollution of the waterways.
So much for jet skiing. So much for fishing on the weekends with the family. It’ll be too expensive — and regulated.
“Natural resources crises, including for water and food, come within the top 10 biggest risks facing humanity in the coming decade,” the World Economic Forum wrote. ... “[A]s global warming continues to take effect, ordinary weather is becoming a thing of the past, exacerbating our water crisis,” the World Economic Forum wrote.
Flashback: Collapse of energy, food, transportation systems prompt calls for government nationalization of industries – Echoes 1930s push for Great Reset style reforms
Green Dictatorship? Netherlands Politicians Answering to the EU instead of Voters – Despite rejection of agriculture policies in recent elections
Lawyers Seek To Add Stock Of Lawyer Jokes By Demanding Oil Companies Be Prosecuted For Homicide
So if using oil is murder—and it has to be murder and not manslaughter, for our authors know of what they do—then lawyer Donald Braman and “public citizen” David Arkush are murderers. Perhaps they’ll turn themselves in? If it isn’t ink, it’s the gas they put in their cars, or the fuel in the planes in which they fly, or in heating or cooling their home, or running the electricity to pay for their Netflix accounts, or in manufacturing the clothes they wear, or in the plastic which surrounds them in their own homes, or in growing the food they eat. There is no way these sad individuals can remove the charge of hypocrisy, or escape the logic of their own argument. ...
If this “lethal harm”, caused by use of oil, is indeed “unparalleled in human history”, then our authors, who knowingly participate in this lethal harm, damn themselves. None of this can, or must, be taken seriously. The charge is absurd. It is asinine. It can only be the result of, as I said, lowly greed, or worse, profound stupidity and irresponsibility.
UN Advisor Sophia Kianni says the quiet part out loud! ‘Remember when we treated COVID-19 like an emergency? Well it’s time to do the same for climate change’