16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg joins global warming protest ‘striking’ schoolchildren outside the White House
- Thunberg is criss-crossing the world with a message of climate change urgency
- But when DailyMail.com asked her in Washington if she had a message for President Donald Trump, she said, ‘No!’
- The 16-year-old Swedish girl, an activist sensation, had the same curious answer to a question about a message to the U.S. Congress
- Thunberg has attracted thousands of people to global warming protests in European cities, snarling traffic and generating attention for her cause
- She warned London politicians in April that they ‘will not get away with’ ignoring climate change ‘any longer’
- In Washington she drew a few hundred schoolchildren who were ‘striking’ from classes; she thanked them but didn’t level an ultimatum at the U.S. government
- President Trump is a global warming skeptic who has called it a ‘hoax’ and claimed China invented it to weaken the U.S. economy
As a few hundred ‘striking’ schoolchildren assembled near the White House for a march, DailyMail.com asked Thunberg from about 10 feet away: ‘Do you have a message for President Trump?’
‘No,’ came the reply. The young activist had the same answer to an identical question about whether she had a message for the U.S. Congress.
DailyMail.com asked the question twice to be sure Thunberg, who has the developmental disorder Asperger syndrome, heard and understood it.
The Trump administration is openly skeptical about global warming, and the president has claimed the idea of man-made climate change is a ‘hoax’ instigated by China ‘in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.’
16-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg was in Washington, D.C. on Friday to participate in a march led by schooldren who were ‘striking’ – playing hooky – for the planet
Thunberg thanked a few hundred kids who showed up near the White House but had no ultimatum for the U.S. government
President Trump is a global warming skeptic who has called it a ‘hoax’ and claimed China invented the climate change hypothesis in order to weaken the U.S. economy
DailyMail.com asked Thunberg if she had a message for President Trump or Congress; she said, ‘No!’
Parents let a few hundred children in D.C. and its Maryland and Virginia suburbs skip school on Friday to protest, and to meet the newest celebrity on the global warming circuit
He has withdrawn the United States from the Paris climate accord, and the Republican-controlled U.S. Senate shows no sign of acting on a Democratic House bill to reverse that move.
Trump has also mocked global warming activists and their Democratic Party allies during winter months as president, gloating on Twitter every time a cold snap hits the Northeast U.S.
He softened his position during a ’60 Minutes’ interview in 2018, allowing that ‘Something’s changing’ in the global climate, but ‘it’ll change back again.’