NYT Profile Related: Climate Clash: Gore Rebuffs Morano 37000 feet over South China Sea in 2007 – ‘You all attack me all the time’
By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotApril 9, 2009 8:30 PM
See also: Morano’s Statement on NYT Profile: ‘Mainstream media appears to be realizing that climate skepticism has gone mainstream!’
[Marc Morano Note: The New York Times Profile article (see: New York Times Profiles Climate Depot’s Morano: Using Science as a ‘Political Battering Ram’ — Dissenter on Warming Expands His Campaign) notes that Gore does not remember meeting me on a plane in 2007. Leslie Kaufman of the NYT writes: “Gore had no memory of the encounter. Mr. Morano does not care. He tells the story anyway.” Yet, according to Joe Romm of Climate Progress, Gore appears to remember the incident after all. Romm reports in an April 10 post: “I happened to be speaking to Gore today and he remarked on this Morano fable and said he just doesn’t remember it happening the way Morano describes.”
Hmm. Gore tells NYT that he has “no memory of the encounter,” yet Romm says Gore told him he”doesn’t remember it happening the way Morano describes.”
Lest anyone doubts the meeting took place or how it occurred and since Gore cannot seem to recall his encounter with me very well, I have – for the first time ever – publicly released the full report of the Gore/Morano airplane encounter in 2007.
The below was written on the airplane immediately after the encounter with Gore in 2007. ]
December 14, 2007 – 37,000 over South China Sea – Former Vice President Al Gore rebuffed Senator James Inhofe’s spokesman during the return flight from the Bali UN climate conference.
Gore, in front of excited passengers posing with photos, revealed he was not happy with the criticism that he has endured “You all attack me all the time,” an agitated Gore said.
Morano responded, “Yes. We do.”
After a long stare, Gore refused to have photo taken and walked off. Inhofe has been one of Gore’s harshest critiques. Inhofe’s website mocks Gore for hypocrisy and maintains a running counter of how many days since Gore has refused to pledge to use no more than the average electricity use.
The incident occurred at approximately 5:55 ET on Friday December (2 hours into flight)
Flying between Singapore and Manila over the South China Sea.
(Flight CX 784. Or 554mph. 37000 feet)
Vice President Gore, fresh from his Nobel ceremony, was returning from his triumphant appearance at the UN Climate Conference in Bali. The Cathay Pacific plane was flying from Bali’s Denpasar Airport to Hong Kong.
Senator Inhofe’s Communication Director of the Environment and Public Works Committee, Marc Morano, was also on the same flight.
The incident occurred in Business Class on the Airplane: (plane did not have first section)
Another couple was standing, chatting and having photos taken with Gore in open area near flight attendant station.
Morano waited his turn as Gore chatted and posed for photos.
Morano then shook hands with Gore and spoke.
Morano: “Hi I am Marc Morano, I work for Senator Inhofe, on the Environment and
Public Works Committee.”
Gore: Stands there and gives Morano a long stare…
Morano: “You of course testified before our Committee last March. I am the Communications Director.”
Gore: Continues long stare and then speaks.
“You all attack me all the time.”
Momentary silence between us.
Morano: “Yes. We do.”
Morano: “Can I get a picture with you.”
Gore: Continues long stare before finally speaking.
“No. I don”t think so.”
Morano: “Okay. Thanks.”
Gore continues to stare and then finally turns and walks away.
(Despite having taken pictures with others)
Morano returned to his airline seat without incident.
# # #
- CFACT questions BlackRock’s Fink over growing ESG pushback
- Blue state county in NJ votes unanimously against offshore wind development citing negative environmental impacts
- Watch: Camera crane swings into action, knocking climate protester to the ground during live Swedish dance show
- Physicist: ‘The frequency & severity of floods, droughts, hurricanes, tornadoes, heat waves & wildfires are not increasing, & may even be declining in some cases’
- Physicist: ‘No evidence climate change is causing tornadoes to become more frequent & stronger’
- Definitive 36 Page Report: ‘150 Ways the Biden Admin & Democrats Have Made it Harder for U.S. to Produce Oil & Gas’
- Today’s ‘green theology,’ is leading a neo-feudal war on the people: The elites are steadily impoverishing the working and middle classes.
- Oscar-winning Hollywood director who helps bankroll Just Stop Oil is accused of hypocrisy – Has 8-bedroom holiday home 5,000 miles away in Ireland he jets off to ‘when the going gets tough’
- Climate ‘scam’: An ‘all-encompassing fraud’ with ‘authoritarians & corporatists bent on achieving even more centralized political power & economic wealth’
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Wants to ‘Rephrase’ Climate Change: ‘No One Gives a S–t About That’ – “Let’s go & rephrase this…really tell people we’re talking about pollution. Pollution creates climate change, and pollution kills.”
- Extinction Rebellion protest in Netherlands ends with 1,500 arrested
- Wash Post complicit in climate protests!? ‘Staff reporters were initially subjected to a potential arrest’ due to advance alert of crime at Fed art gallery – Fmr NYT reporter suggests WaPo guilty of ‘crimes’
- Jane Fonda Blames ‘White Men’ for Climate Change: ‘We Have to Arrest and Jail Those Men’
- What climate ‘crisis?! Record World Cereal Outputs Forecast for 2023/24
- No Sun, No Wind, Big Problem: Benign Weather Could Cause Blackouts in States With Green Grids, Officials Warn
- Watch: RFK Jr. reaches out to skeptics: ‘In my campaign, I’m not going to be talking a lot about climate’ – ‘I’m not going argue with you if you don’t believe in it’ – ‘We’re not going to get a consensus on climate’
- Despite the mandates, subsidies & regs — solar & wind generate only 14% of U.S. electricity in 2022
- Watch: Fmr. Rep. Michele Bachmann at WHO Meeting in Geneva – Previews pandemic lockdowns & medical tyranny
- STUDY: ‘Global warming can cause headaches’ through ‘stress of…changes in weather patterns’ – Makes Parkinson’s, ‘stroke, MS, migraines, & dementia worse’
- COVID & Climate Merge: Rockefeller Foundation & WHO announce partnership for ‘preventing pandemics fueled by climate change’