Links tagged “polar bears”
- 15 years after ESA listing as ‘threatened’ due to sea ice loss polar bears are abundant & thriving
Dr. Susan Crockford: "Polar bear turned out to be more flexible and resilient than predicted and many subpopulations are better off than before. Davis Strait and Chukchi Sea bears are doing very well: Barents Sea bears in particular are thriving despite by far the most sea ice loss of any Arctic region...polar bears are no closer to extinction than they were 15 years ago, according to the results of field studies. There is no existential emergency for polar bears or any other Arctic sea mammals due to declining summer sea ice, despite continued messages of doom from remorseless experts."Posted September 10, 20215:51 PM by Admin | Tags: ice, new study, polar bears, species
- Bjorn Lomborg: Partisan ‘fact checkers’ spread climate-change misinformation
- Live Science Misleads on Extreme Weather, Tipping Points, & Polar Bears, Among Other Topics
- Newly-discovered SE Greenland polar bear subpopulation: another assumption proven false – Polar bear numbers increased despite ‘impending doom based on implausible climate models’
- UN awards Attenborough prize for his devotion to broadcasting climate breakdown nonsense
- STUDY: Polar bears continued to thrive in 2021 – Bear population increases to 32,000, up from about 26,000
Recent survey results bring the average global population estimate to at least 32,000, with a wide range of potential error. ... These additions bring the global population total to almost 32,000, up from about 26,000, albeit with a wide range of potential error.
• Results from the 2017–2018 survey of the Davis Strait subpopulation revealed numbers are stable at about 2,015 bears (range 1,603–2,588), but bears were found to have been fatter than they had been in 2005–2007, with good cub survival.
- Watch: Thriving Tigers despite ‘climate change’: ‘A huge increase in tiger numbers’
- Climate Activists Are Wrong, Polar Bears Aren’t Dying Out, Arctic Ice Is Stable
- BUSTED: ‘Polar bear eating reindeer seen as evidence of climate change’ Proven False
- Svalbard polar bear paper falsely assumes that loss of genetic diversity has negative consequences
‘Climate Homicide’: New paper in Harvard Env. Law Review calls for ‘prosecuting’ big U.S. oil firms for ‘climate deaths’
UK Guardian: Authors of paper accepted for publication in Harvard Environmental Law Review argue firms are ‘killing members of the public at an accelerating rate’
Climate Homicide: Prosecuting Big Oil For Climate Deaths - Harvard Environmental Law Review, Vol. 48, No. 1, 2024
‘Climate homicide’: Could Big Oil be sued for disaster deaths? ‘Prosecuting Big Oil for Climate Death’ urges new paper in the Harvard Environmental Law Review - The paper, “Climate Homicide: Prosecuting Big Oil for Climate Death” — written by Arkush and Donald Braman, an associate professor at George Washington University Law School — will be published next spring in the Harvard Environmental Law Review. “We concluded there aren't really any legal or factual barriers to prosecution,” Arkush said.
Climate Depot's Marc Morano Response: "The wacky world of climate change strikes again! Blaming fossil fuel companies for 'climate homicide' is all part of the plan to merge public health and climate change. We have already seen a doctor diagnose the first patient in the world as suffering form 'climate change' in 2021." See: B.C. doctor clinically diagnoses patient as suffering from ‘climate change’ – ‘Picked up his patient’s chart & penned in the words ‘climate change’
Morano: "Climate change concerns are also limiting medical treatments for patients. We have seen calls for cancer treatments to be cognizant of its 'carbon footprint' and efforts to restrict anesthesia based on climate concerns. We already have academics demanding that 'climate change' be added to death certificates as a cause of death." See: Calls to add ‘climate change’ to death certificates – New study demands ‘climate change’ be added as ‘pre-existing condition’
Morano: "Of course, the reality is exactly the opposite. During the era of fear about 'global warming,' climate-related deaths have dropped dramatically, proving that mankind has adapted to climate change by using the very oil and other fossil fuels that Harvard Law now wants to charge companies with murder over!" See: After 100 years of climate change, ‘climate-related deaths’ approach zero – Dropped by over 99% since 1920
Analysis: The UN’s Newest Climate Report Is A Woke Dumpster Fire Masquerading As Science – ‘Climate justice…Equity & Inclusion…Redistributive policies’
MICHAEL BASTASCH: Variations of the words “equity” and “inequity” appear 31 times in the 36-page (summary) document. Variations of “inclusive” and “inclusion” appear 17 times. The document even mentions “colonialism” and repeatedly refers to climate and social “justice” for “marginalized” groups. ... The UN report also contains an entire section titled “Equity and Inclusion,” which states “[e]quity remains a central element in the UN climate regime.” The report goes on to state that “[r]edistributive policies … that shield the poor and vulnerable, social safety nets, equity, inclusion and just transitions, at all scales can enable deeper societal ambitions and resolve trade-offs with sustainable development goals.” ... The report’s accompanying press release is quite explicit about its goal: “Taking the right action now could result in the transformational change essential for a sustainable, equitable world.” ...
The release goes on to quote one of the report’s authors, who says: “Climate justice is crucial because those who have contributed least to climate change are being disproportionately affected.”
Climatologist Dr. Judith Curry rips new UN climate report ‘Summary for Policy Makers’ as ‘pure politics…weakly justified’ & ‘politicized’
‘Fire, Brimstone, & Ticking Bombs again’: UN IPCC launches 666th final final warning of climate hell: AR6 is a ‘Survival guide to humanity’