Links tagged “plastic”
- Mountain of bottles exposing Egypt’s recycling shame: Discarded plastic bottles swamp recycling center near UN summit
Posted July 18, 20188:06 AM by Admin | Tags: astrology, development, epa, plastic
- Trump Has A Suggestion For Greta Thunberg: ‘Greta has to start working on those other countries’ responsible for ocean ‘garbage flows’
- Need another reason to drink beer? Now that six-pack saves oceans – ‘New packaging is made out of barley & wheat that can actually be eaten by fish, turtles’
- Lomborg: Banning plastic bags won’t save our planet – Reusable shopping bag has to be used 20,000 times to have less damage than a plastic bag
- Brace Yourself: EU faces “Massive Flood Of Plastic Waste” After UN Export Restrictions
- Plastic over concern prompts ‘Single-use’ to be the 2018 Word of the Year (2017 Word of the Year was ‘fake news’)
- UK warns plastic becoming too expensive to recycle – ‘Homeowners’ efforts to sort through their waste may be futile’
- Stossel: False claim of ‘500 million straws used daily’ came from a 10-year-old’s elementary school project – But media uncritically repeats
UN IPCC’s new report insists we can control weather & climate: ‘Whatever future we end up with is within our control’ — ‘If we act now’
It “is quite clear that whatever future we end up with is within our control,” Piers Forster, who helped write one of the panel’s earlier reports, told the Times. “It is up to humanity … to determine what we end up with.”
- Report: ‘Here’s what to expect from the latest UN climate change assessment’ – ‘Likely to feature…bold headlines’
Politico: UN ‘Shitshow’: ‘Scientists & green campaigners…upset’ that IPCC climate ‘science’ report delayed – ‘Missed the opportunity to add impetus’ to Nov 2022 Egypt summit
Politico: The final installment of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s (IPCC) sixth major assessment of the state of the climate — due to be released Monday — was originally scheduled to land in October 2022. But the report's publication was delayed, a move the IPCC at the time blamed on "operational reasons." The delay upset countries, scientists and green campaigners who had counted on having the report in hand going into global U.N. climate talks in Egypt in November. ...
Delegates at the September meeting bemoaned the fact that the so-called “synthesis report” — which pulls together findings from three previous chapters on the physical changes, global impacts and mitigation of global warming — would miss the opportunity to add impetus to the discussions at the COP27.
Climate Depot's Marc Morano: There is public anger over the UN IPCC's so-called 'science' report being delayed for months and not available to be used for political purposes during the UN climate summit in Egypt in November 2022. Kudos to Politico for correctly characterizing the UN climate process as a 'shitshow.' This is more evidence that these UN IPCC climate reports are nothing but political lobbying reports designed to influence politicians and the public, not present unbiased science. Note: Climate Depot's Morano attended that Egypt summit in person. See Nov 2022: Watch: Morano’s 40 min. report from the UN climate summit in Egypt on Climate Trace, Great Reset, WHO, Reparations, & Hypocrisy
& 2019: Morano testifies to Congress on how UN reports are ‘authoritative propaganda’ - Morano: "I have attended nearly every United Nations environmental summit since 2002, including the Earth Summits in Johannesburg South Africa and Rio in Brazil. I publicly debated the UN IPCC chief Rajendra Pachauri at the 2006 UN climate summit in Nairobi Kenya. I have conducted interviews with UN IPCC scientists and documented how the UN twists and hypes and distorts science in order to push a political agenda."
Media hyped study claims Arctic Ice Seeing ‘Irreversible’ Thinning Since 2007 – Reality Check: Arctic ice now thicker than 15 years ago & same thickness as 1958
Tony Heller: The ice at the North Pole is thicker now than it was 15 years ago, and in fact, the ice is the same thickness now as it was in 1958. New York Times October 19 1958. ... In 1958 Arctic sea ice was about two meters thick and now 65 years later Arctic sea ice is still about two meters thick Arctic sea ice is not disappearing and in fact is the same thickness it was" in 1958.