Links tagged “gnd”
- Gas Stoves Are Back Under Scrutiny With First of-their-kind US Energy Dept Limits Proposed
- Biden admin closes off mining in Minnesota — But authorizes mining in the Congo
Team Biden placed about 225,000 acres (about 350 square miles) in northern Minnesota off-limits to mining and mineral development. The announcement specifically noted that the administration was: “[R]esponding to concerns regarding the potential impacts of mining on the area’s watershed, fish and wildlife, tribal and treaty rights, and robust recreation economy … This action will help protect the Rainy River watershed … from the potential adverse impacts of new mineral and geothermal exploration and development.” ...
“Not even one month ago, Mr. Biden signed an agreement to fund mining projects in Chinese-owned mines in the Congo, where over 40,000 children work as slaves in forced labor and inhumane conditions with no environmental protections. Rep. Pete Stauber, Minnesota Republican offered these thoughts in response: “[President] Biden banned mining in 225,000 acres of Minnesota’s Iron Range and locked up development of taconite, copper, nickel, cobalt, platinum-group elements, and more.”
- Los Angeles International Airport Loses Power For an Hour Showing the Limits of an All-Electric Future
- Biden admin relents, expected to approve oil drilling permits in Alaska
Fox News (Yahoo News): President Biden's administration is expected to propose a limited plan for expanding oil drilling in Alaska in the coming days, relenting on its longtime opposition to domestic oil production. ...
Critics have argued it is hypocritical for Biden to oppose drilling on U.S. soil even while urging foreign producers to ramp up their own production levels. One report surfaced in the fall showing that Biden's administration had approved a plan for the oil producer Chevron to resume drilling in Venezuela even as he opposed doing so in the U.S.
"It's not like the Biden administration is opposed to energy extraction and drilling, no, they're just opposed to it domestically for cheap political accounting tricks that claim that they're fighting global warming while offshoring," ClimateDepot.com publisher Marc Morano told Fox News at the time. "This is something that Americans have to recognize."
- Energy Reset: UK Paying Britons Not to Use Electricity
The Climate Depot's Marc Morano says give Democrats another four years in power, this will be us before too long. “We don’t get to vote on any of this,” he says. “This is the great reset in action. It’s the great energy reset.” “We’re suffering from transportation shortages. We’re suffering from food shortages based on the net zero agenda. And of course, we’re suffering from energy shortages. There’s going to be fines on people if they use their thermostats.” The kicker in England is they're having to conserve after years of investing in wind and solar. “Europe for the first time since the industrial revolution, of 150 plus years ago occurred, they’re now fearing winter,” says Morano. “This is insane, and they’ve shot themselves in the foot.”
- Net Zany: Too many politicians think Net Zero more important than Britain’s prosperity
- With Russian gas gone, coal makes EU comeback as ‘traditional fuel’ – As Energy prices could double long-term in Germany
- Monckton rips UK’s ‘extraordinary failure to understand even the most elementary arithmetic’ as it is ‘flinging industry after industry into bankruptcy…enriching…China, India & Russia by its climate policies’
- Benny Peiser: The UK & Europe are destroying their own economies with green policies… without reducing CO2 emissions
Peiser: "In Europe, we are degrading our own economies and degrading our nations, in the name of saving the planet without doing anything about CO2 emissions because we are just shifting them abroad, we're just exporting them. That is at the core of all these 27 COPs we've seen over the last 30 years. It's always the same outcome. The developing world, China, India, are not going to risk their own economies, the well-being of their people, their energy security, their national security. We're doing it and we're paying the price for it. And this is the biggest warning to Americans: If you want to avoid your energy bills going up fourfold, don't do what we are doing."
- Environmentalism has a difficult relationship with democracy – Can climate policy be democratic?
CNN: UN report warns ‘the climate time bomb is ticking’
Flashback: Earth ‘serially doomed’: The official history of climate ‘Tipping Points’ began in 1864 – A new ‘global warming’ 12-year deadline from Rep. Ocasio-Cortez
Climate Tipping Points date back to at least 1864
“As early as 1864 George Perkins Marsh, sometimes said to be the father of American ecology, warned that the earth was ‘fast becoming an unfit home for its “noblest inhabitant,”’ and that unless men changed their ways it would be reduced ‘to such a condition of impoverished productiveness, of shattered surface, of climatic excess, as to threaten the depravation, barbarism, and perhaps even extinction of the species.’” —MIT professor Leo Marx
UN Is A Climate ‘Disinformation Threat Actor’ – If UN & U.S. govt are so committed to censoring disinformation, why are they themselves spreading it?
UN IPCC’s new report insists we can control weather & climate: ‘Whatever future we end up with is within our control’ — ‘If we act now’
It “is quite clear that whatever future we end up with is within our control,” Piers Forster, who helped write one of the panel’s earlier reports, told the Times. “It is up to humanity … to determine what we end up with.”
- Report: ‘Here’s what to expect from the latest UN climate change assessment’ – ‘Likely to feature…bold headlines’