The hit to your pocketbook from higher gasoline prices: $2,000 a year
By: Admin - Climate DepotMarch 8, 2022 9:52 AM
BY AIMEE PICCHI
American consumers are already struggling with the highest inflation in four decades — a phenomenon that is eating into buying power and eroding wages. But more economic pain may be in store, with one analyst estimating that the recent surge in gas prices following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine could add up to $2,000 in annual costs to the typical household budget.
The average cost for a gallon of regular gasoline has surpassed $4 per gallon for the first time since 2008. Many consumers have seen prices at the gas pump rise swiftly, with the price of regular gas jumping 41 cents during the first full week of Russia’s war in Ukraine, according to AAA.
That will likely cost the typical household an additional $2,000 per year in gasoline costs, according to Yardeni Research in a Monday research note. That comes on top of about $1,000 in extra costs at the grocery store due to inflation, which means the typical household will have $3,000 less this year to spend on other items, Yardeni said.
- Great Water Reset: The UN & WEF are coming for your water now! ‘Sustainable development’ water dictates – Aim to ‘achieve internationally agreed water-related goals’
- SEC Staff Consulted With Green Financial Firm Accused Of Selling ‘Fictitious’ Carbon Credits
- Green Dictatorship? Netherlands Politicians Answering to the EU instead of Voters – Despite rejection of agriculture policies in recent elections
- World’s Biggest Seller of Carbon Offsets Accused of Being a Scam
- Lawyers Seek To Add Stock Of Lawyer Jokes By Demanding Oil Companies Be Prosecuted For Homicide
- UN Advisor Sophia Kianni says the quiet part out loud! ‘Remember when we treated COVID-19 like an emergency? Well it’s time to do the same for climate change’
- ‘Climate Brides’ – Media claims ‘Pakistan’s Climate Crisis of Child Marriage’ Due to Floods – ‘Patriarchal power structures impose disproportionate climate-related harms on women & girls’
- Your Future Meals Could Come From A 3D Printer ‘to combat climate-related food insecurity’, Researchers Say – ‘Food paste is squeezed through a syringe’ into 3D printer
- ‘They Offset’: John Kerry Defends Billionaires Flying Private To Davos ‘And they are working harder than most people I know to be able to try to effect this transition’
- Federal Regulator Acknowledges Danger To Wildlife Caused By Offshore Wind Farms
- BERLIN’S CLIMATE-NEUTRAL-BY-2030 REFERENDUM FAILS!
- Report: Wind industry & the gov’t colluding to mislead public about the true cost of wind energy – FOI reveals
- ‘What must true theologians think’: ‘Pagan’ Greta Thunberg receives theology doctorate
- Angry Polish miners hold mock Greta Thunberg funeral to protest EU climate policies – Chants of ‘thieves!’ at the EU building
- Brazilian Gov’t eyes declaring ‘permanent climate emergency’ for over 1,000 cities
- Wash, blow dry & talk to me about global warming please: Hairdressers trained to talk about ‘climate action’ to customers
- WaPo: Why climate ‘doomers’ are replacing climate ‘deniers’ – ‘How UN reports & confusing headlines created a generation of people who believe climate change can’t be stopped’
- Watch: Morano debunks Biden’s ‘science-free’ climate/energy claims point-by-point – On Bongino’s Fox News show: ‘I think it’s easier to transition your gender than it is to transition to green energy’
- Definitive Guide to Extreme Weather: No trends or declining trends in hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, droughts, heat waves, disaster losses, wildfires – All peer-reviewed & official sources – By Dr. Roger Pielke Jr.
- Biden Energy Sec. Granholm March 2023: Feds coming for some gas stoves! – NYT in Jan 2023: ‘No One Is Coming for Your Gas Stove Anytime Soon’