As climate campaigners realize and apologize for the climate change scare that has been ginned up for decades, it’s time to demand reparations.
Shellenberger added: “I further hope that you’ll accept my apology.”
Climate Depot’s Marc Morano: Yes, we accept your apology. Thank you, Michael!
But now that prominent climate activists are apologizing and reversing their views, it is time we frankly discuss reparations for the decades of fear, deceit, predictions of doom, poor public policy choices, endless tipping points and tolerating Greta Thunberg forced into our children’s lives by the media. How about a paycheck to all the falsely slandered climate skeptics from the well-funded climate establishment as a first step toward healing the climate divisions caused by the lies of Al Gore, the UN, academia and the media?
It’s also time to
- Abolish the UN IPCC climate panel. This is long overdue.
- Stop endless taxpayer funding to climate modeling studies that can gin up scare with scant data many years into the future
- End all climate conferences, especially those in exotic locales that require mega ‘carbon footprints’ to attend
- Have the federal government give a climate reparations tax credit all American’s who are struggling to pay their energy bills due to horrid climate regulations that were based on bad scientific claims
- Cancel all talk of the Green New Deal & various ‘conservative’ GOP proposals that commit to ‘zero emissions’ someday in the future
- It’s time for Al Gore to begin to dismantle his vast real estate empire and cut checks to lower-income American’s struggling to pay their energy bills due to his policy advocacy based on the climate con.
End Morano statement.
Green Guru Michael Shellenberger, formerly Time Magazine’s “Hero of the Environment’: “On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening. It’s just not the end of the world. It’s not even our most serious environmental problem. I may seem like a strange person to be saying all of this. I have been a climate activist for 20 years and an environmentalist for 30.
But as an energy expert asked by Congress to provide objective expert testimony, and invited by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to serve as Expert Reviewer of its next Assessment Report, I feel an obligation to apologize for how badly we environmentalists have misled the public.”
I further hope that you’ll accept my apology.…
Some people will, when they read this imagine that I’m some right-wing anti-environmentalist. I’m not. At 17, I lived in Nicaragua to show solidarity with the Sandinista socialist revolution…I became an environmentalist at 16 when I threw a fundraiser for Rainforest Action Network…In my 30s I advocated renewables and successfully helped persuade the Obama administration to invest $90 billion into them…
Scientific institutions including WHO and IPCC have undermined their credibility through the repeated politicization of science.
Until last year, I mostly avoided speaking out against the climate scare. Partly that’s because I was embarrassed. After all, I am as guilty of alarmism as any other environmentalist…I remained quiet about the climate disinformation campaign because I was afraid of losing friends and funding.
But then, last year, things spiraled out of control. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said “The world is going to end in twelve years if we don’t address climate change.” Britain’s most high-profile environmental group claimed “Climate Change Kills Children.”
Physics Prof. reverses his climate views – becomes skeptic: ‘I accepted the premise…But one day about 7 years ago, I noticed something odd’ – Mike van Biezen is adjunct professor at Compton College, Santa Monica College, El Camino College, and Loyola Marymount University teaching Physics, Mathematics, Astronomy, and Earth Science.