Scientists tell U.N. Global Climate Summit: No emergency
By: Admin - Climate DepotSeptember 30, 2019 9:48 PM
Lost amid the coverage of Swedish teen activist Greta Thunberg at last week’s U.N. Global Climate Summit were the 500 international scientists, engineers and other stakeholders sounding a very different message: “There is no climate emergency.”
The European Climate Declaration, spearheaded by the Amsterdam-based Climate Intelligence Foundation [CLINTEL], described the leading climate models as “unfit” and urged UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to pursue a climate policy based on “sound science.”
“Current climate policies pointlessly and grievously undermine the economic system, putting lives at risk in countries denied access to affordable, reliable electrical energy,” said the Sept. 23 letter signed by professionals from 23 countries.
Most of the signers hailed from Europe, but there were also scientists from the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South America.
“We urge you to follow a climate policy based on sound science, realistic economics and genuine concern for those harmed by costly but unnecessary attempts at mitigation,” the letter said.
The signers asked Mr. Guterres to place the declaration on the UN’s agenda for the meeting ending Monday—which hasn’t happened—and organize a meeting of scientists “on both sides of the climate debate early in 2020.”
Letter to UN SecGen @antonioguterres António Guterres from 500 scientists warns “current climate policies pointlessly and grievously undermine the economic system, putting lives at risk in countries denied access to affordable, reliable electrical energy.” https://t.co/INTsVOIlGu
— Dr. Waheed Uddin (@drwaheeduddin) September 28, 2019
- Climate skeptics’ panel discussion at Princeton ‘Zoom-bombed’! ‘The N-word & a doodle of male genitalia’ appeared over Dr. Will Happer’s presentation slides
- CFACT questions BlackRock’s Fink over growing ESG pushback
- Blue state county in NJ votes unanimously against offshore wind development citing negative environmental impacts
- Watch: Camera crane swings into action, knocking climate protester to the ground during live Swedish dance show
- Physicist: ‘The frequency & severity of floods, droughts, hurricanes, tornadoes, heat waves & wildfires are not increasing, & may even be declining in some cases’
- Physicist: ‘No evidence climate change is causing tornadoes to become more frequent & stronger’
- Definitive 36 Page Report: ‘150 Ways the Biden Admin & Democrats Have Made it Harder for U.S. to Produce Oil & Gas’
- Today’s ‘green theology,’ is leading a neo-feudal war on the people: The elites are steadily impoverishing the working and middle classes.
- Oscar-winning Hollywood director who helps bankroll Just Stop Oil is accused of hypocrisy – Has 8-bedroom holiday home 5,000 miles away in Ireland he jets off to ‘when the going gets tough’
- Climate ‘scam’: An ‘all-encompassing fraud’ with ‘authoritarians & corporatists bent on achieving even more centralized political power & economic wealth’
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Wants to ‘Rephrase’ Climate Change: ‘No One Gives a S–t About That’ – “Let’s go & rephrase this…really tell people we’re talking about pollution. Pollution creates climate change, and pollution kills.”
- Extinction Rebellion protest in Netherlands ends with 1,500 arrested
- Wash Post complicit in climate protests!? ‘Staff reporters were initially subjected to a potential arrest’ due to advance alert of crime at Fed art gallery – Fmr NYT reporter suggests WaPo guilty of ‘crimes’
- Jane Fonda Blames ‘White Men’ for Climate Change: ‘We Have to Arrest and Jail Those Men’
- What climate ‘crisis?! Record World Cereal Outputs Forecast for 2023/24
- No Sun, No Wind, Big Problem: Benign Weather Could Cause Blackouts in States With Green Grids, Officials Warn
- Watch: RFK Jr. reaches out to skeptics: ‘In my campaign, I’m not going to be talking a lot about climate’ – ‘I’m not going argue with you if you don’t believe in it’ – ‘We’re not going to get a consensus on climate’
- Despite the mandates, subsidies & regs — solar & wind generate only 14% of U.S. electricity in 2022
- Watch: Fmr. Rep. Michele Bachmann at WHO Meeting in Geneva – Previews pandemic lockdowns & medical tyranny
- STUDY: ‘Global warming can cause headaches’ through ‘stress of…changes in weather patterns’ – Makes Parkinson’s, ‘stroke, MS, migraines, & dementia worse’