Manila Times features Morano’s book: Carbon tax revolt, Book’s exposé on IPCC shatter UN climate agenda
BY YEN MAKABENTA
The latest developments are shattering or seismic for the climate issue. As the song says, the end is near — not the end of the world, but the end of the UN climate agenda. The climate alarmists will go the same way as the flat earthers. They will turn to social media and become just a website or a curiosity.
Climate alarmists headed for defeat
Instead of beholding the fulfillment of its dire forecast of global climate catastrophe, the United Nations could witness the shattering of its climate-change agenda.
In a series of developments this week, Murphy’s law (“whatever can go wrong will go wrong”) has plagued the climate initiatives of the world body.
At nearly every turn, it now looks like the climate alarmists are headed for defeat. And climate skeptics are poised to prevail.
Behold the march of events:
1. Carbon tax revolt – The world has exploded in revolt against the once ubiquitous sword of carbon taxation. As if a repeat of the French revolution, the French people rose in uncontrolled anger against the fuel tax in many French cities.
The alarmist government of President Emmanuel Macron has been forced to postpone the tax. Other countries are also retreating from the tax,
2. Book exposé on IPCC – Climate skeptics in America have published a best-selling book that exposes the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Change (IPCC) as a scientific fraud. Titled, The Politically Incorrect Guide to Climate Change, the book was authored by Marc Morano, publisher of Climate Depot.
Morano details and quotes many UN scientists who have resigned and turned against the UN. The IPCC has admitted that the “solutions” they are advocating have nothing to do with science. Scientists are not impressed with the latest UN attempt to re-engineer every aspect of human life.
3. Climate change summit tuned out – The ongoing UN climate change summit in Katowice, Poland will likely fall short of confirming the commitment of nations to radically cut down on their use of fossil fuels to bring down global temperature to 1.5 C or lower. The meeting may not even last up to December 14 as planned.
The French prime minister cancelled his attendance at the summit. Other countries stepped back from sending delegations. Even Al Gore, the self-proclaimed pope of global warming, may not show up in Poland.
4. Leaders under threat – Political leaders who are bigtime advocates of climate change action are increasingly under threat of being toppled from power, starting with Macron of France, who will almost surely be voted out next year.
As governments lose power, the talk will turn toward an overhaul of the UN leadership and the abolition of the IPCC.
Global carbon tax revolt
Macron blinked in the fuel-tax dispute with the Yellow Vests movement in France, as protests broke into riots and spread to many French cities.
Faced with another weekend of destructive protests, Prime Minister Édouard Philippe told a press conference on Tuesday that the tax increase would be pushed back six months.
The carbon tax revolt is worldwide. Voters in Washington state last month rejected a carbon tax.
Ontario province in Canada is suing to block a federal carbon tax, and the issue could topple the Alberta government and perhaps, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
A carbon tax is in theory a more efficient way than regulation to reduce carbon emissions. But after decades of global conferences, voters don’t believe that climate change justifies policies that would hurt the economy.
IPCC posing as scientific body
In his 2018 bestseller, author Marc Morano charges that the UN IPCC is not a scientific body. The book documents the fraud.
He quotes a plethora of scientists, many of whom worked at one time with the IPCC. Among them are:
1. Prof. John Brignell: “The creation of the UN IPCC was a cataclysmic event in the history of science. Here was a purely political body posing as a scientific institution.”
2. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning environmental physical chemist from Japan who has turned his back on the UN climate panel. Kiminori contends that global warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in history…. When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.”
3. Climatologist Judith Curry on the new IPCC report: “Same old, same old”. “The IPCC still has not made a strong case for this massive investment to prevent 1.5 C warming.”
Morano writes in his book: “The notion that ‘hundreds’ or ‘thousands’ of UN scientists agree does not hold up to scrutiny.”
5. The UK Guardian reported on how the sausage is made for the UN IPCC reports: “Nearly 500 people must sign off on the exact wording of the summary, including the 66 expert authors, 271 officials from 115 countries, and 57 observers.”
This is allegedly a scientific process. And yet it somehow features “government officials” having a say in each line of the report’s summary.
6. Climate scientist Mike Hulme took apart the claim that the UN speaks for the world’s scientists. Hulme noted: “Claims such as ‘2,500 of the world’s leading scientists have reached a consensus that human activities are having a significant influence on the climate’ are disingenuous.”
In fact, the key scientific case for CO2 driving global warming was reached by a very small gaggle of people.
7. UN climate panel lead author William Schlesinger disclosed that very few UN scientists are climate experts.
8. Harvard professor Robert Stavins revealed his disgust with the UN IPCC process for which he was a lead author.
9. UN IPCC expert reviewer John McLean: “The reality is that the UN IPCC is in effect little more than a UN-sponsored lobby group, created specifically to investigate and push the ‘man-made warming’ line.”
Climategate and Clexit
As disclosures of dishonesty in IPCC have led to charges of Climategate, critics, scientists and political leaders have also started talk of Clexit — short for how nations can exit from the UN climate agenda.
From here, it won’t be long before there is a call for change in the UN leadership or the abolition of the IPCC.
The UN could take back its forecast of global climate catastrophe.
Global warming could be placed in a deep freeze.