CNN: MIT STUDY: ‘Climate change’ to make food safety worse and cause more fatal traffic accidents
By: Admin - Climate DepotAugust 14, 2018 9:33 AM
By Susan Scutti, CNN
Updated at 3:08 PM ET, Mon August 13, 2018
High-temperature days lead to more fatal car crashes while policing efforts decrease
(CNN) — On excessively hot days, there are more likely to be fatal car accidents and food safety problems, and police officers and government food inspectors tend to do less of their duties, according to a study published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology scientists, who analyzed data from across the United States, suggest that if the climate continues to change, by 2050 — and in another 50 or so years beyond that — our world may be less safe than it is today.
“It also goes up in particularly cold temperatures, but you see a sharper increase in the hot temperature range,” he said.
“So people are more likely to have a fatal crash in hot temperatures, but also, the probability of traffic stops — the number of traffic stops that are conducted in a county on a given day when it is hot — goes down,” Obradovich said.
The results show that police stops decline after a maximum temperature of 29° C (84° F). So in the range of 30° C to 40° C (86° F to 104° F) police stops are reduced by about 1.5%, according to the researchers.
Related Article: Climate change study ties warming temperatures to rising suicide risk
In short, the effort made by public safety workers and government regulators declines at the time of greatest risk.
- WaPo: ‘World on brink of catastrophic warming’! Panic?! No. It’s time to donate to Al Gore’s Climate Reality Project!
- CNN: ‘Monster Victory’: Trump & Le Pen backed Dutch farmers protesting Net Zero farming restrictions – now the farmers have sprung an election shock by winning provincial elections
- Report: ‘Here’s what to expect from the latest UN climate change assessment’ – ‘Likely to feature…bold headlines’
- Politico: UN ‘Shitshow’: ‘Scientists & green campaigners…upset’ that IPCC climate ‘science’ report delayed – ‘Missed the opportunity to add impetus’ to Nov 2022 Egypt summit
- Climate Researchers Call For ‘Dirty Cars’ To Be Refused Registration – Govt promotes EVs, public transport, walking & cycling
- DeSantis forms alliance with 18 governors to combat Biden’s ESG push: ‘Direct threat to the American economy’
- Biden admin’s war on household appliances will cause higher prices, dirtier clothes & dishes
- Media hyped study claims Arctic Ice Seeing ‘Irreversible’ Thinning Since 2007 – Reality Check: Arctic ice now thicker than 15 years ago & same thickness as 1958
- ‘I have made climate one of my top priorities’: Navy secretary cited ‘climate change’ as top priority as Biden proposes shrinking the fleet
- Climate doomsday predictions are disappearing…from Greta’s twitter account! Greta deletes 2018 tweet saying climate would ‘wipe out all of humanity’ by 2023′
- Pielke Jr. on 1.5C temperature target: ‘There was essentially no science behind it’ – ‘More grounded in political aspirations than in science’
- Get Ready to Stink for Climate Change, Thanks to Biden’s New Washing Machine Rules that ‘require new appliances to use considerably less water’
- Extreme Weather Expert Dr. Roger Pielke Jr.: Strong U.S. tornadoes have decreased as much as 50% since 1950 – Tornadoes are not being ‘juiced’ by ‘climate change’
- California Class-Action Suit Targets Gas Stoves for failing to ‘properly notify customers of toxic emissions’
- Stacey Abrams gets a new job after election loss, joins environmental group trying to eliminate gas stoves
- Berlin faces climate referendum that could grant officials ‘immediate dictatorial powers’ – The ‘Climate Protection Council’ could limit car & airline travel
- Watch: Morano on Newsmax TV on climate activists upset at Biden for oil drilling in Alaska: ‘They only want to see China, the Middle East, & Venezuela, producing fossil fuels. They don’t want America doing it’
- Biden warns young people ‘damned’ if his green policies thwarted & makes wildly wrong climate claims – Point-by-point rebuttal by Climate Depot
- ‘Death of a Climate Bank’: Silicon Valley Bank involved in more than ‘60% of community solar financing nationwide’ – ‘Issuing billions of dollars in loans’
- Was the Silicon Valley Bank Collapse Caused by Climate Activism?