U.S. Government Scientist: ‘I disagree strongly with the hurricane-related conclusions of this report!’
By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotJune 16, 2009 8:16 PM
U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA told Climate Depot his reaction to President Obama’s new climate report on June 16, 2009. (See: Obama issues global warming report — ‘Detailed picture of the worst case scenarios’ — ‘Poised for its most forceful confrontation with American public’ ) Goldenberg is expressing his personal views on the report, not those of any organization. (Full Goldenberg bio available here.)
Goldenberg: I saw the news story on this and looked up the report. I have a pretty good grasp of the hurricane and AGW issues. I have skimmed over the hurricane findings (by the way — I didn’t notice a single recognized hurricane climate expert in the list of authors) and they definitely ignore a large body of the published hurricane research. There are a number of hurricane climate experts (including myself) that would disagree strongly with the hurricane-related conclusions of this report!
The report states (among other things) that:
The power and frequency of Atlantic hurricanes have increased substantially in recent decades.
The number of North American mainland landfalling hurricanes does not appear to have increased over the past century.
Though it is nice that they admit landfall frequency has not increased (happens to be the most reliable long-term Atlantic hurricane statistic) they state as “fact” flawed results that the power and frequency of Atlantic hurricanes have increased.
I can only imagine how slanted the other portions of the report might be as well.
‘Scaremongering’: Scientists Pan Obama Climate Report: ‘This is not a work of science but an embarrassing episode for the authors and NOAA’…’Misrepresents the science’ – June 16, 2009
- You are being conned: Data, studies & UN IPCC all reveal Canadian fires not due to ‘climate change’ – ‘There has been a significant & continuing decline in the number of fires’
- Even the UN IPCC Admits Climate Change Doesn’t Increase Forest Fires
- Canadian Wildfires – CLIMATE LOCKDOWNS BEGIN! Masks, stay-at-home orders, canceled schools, businesses & sporting events
- Actor Rowan Atkinson: ‘I love electric vehicles … But increasingly I feel duped’ – EVs ‘a perverse choice’ to fight climate – ‘Many rare earth metals & huge amounts of energy required to make them’
- Watch: Morano on Rebel TV on banning flights, appliances, limiting food: ‘Since Jan. 2023, the acceleration of this agenda for us — the unwashed masses — has been nothing I’ve ever seen’
- Canadian National Fire Database data disputes climate link to fires: ‘There has been a significant & continuing decline in the number of fires & no discernible trend in the area burned’
- USA Today: Smoke ‘keeping temperatures cooler than average – Temps ‘running 5-8 degrees cooler than forecast due to smoke in the atmosphere’
- Media Wrong Again & Quebec wildfires: ‘Media has been quick’ to link Canada fires to man-made climate change
- Wrong, WEF, Climate Change Is Not Threatening Lizards, Wine, Coffee or Air Turbulence
- BBC: Solar panels – ‘a looming global environmental disaster’ – ‘Avg lifespan of 25-30 years…billions of panels will eventually all need to be disposed of & replaced’ – ‘How are we going to deal with the waste?’
- Are GHG emissions & air pollution correlated? ‘Countries with highest cumulative GHG emissions from 1970-2021 have cleanest air — while those with lowest cumulative GHG emissions have the dirtiest air’
- How Republican AGs Tanked a $3 Trillion Woke Climate Alliance
- Exxon, Chevron shareholders soundly reject ‘calls for stronger measures to mitigate climate change’ at annual meetings
- ‘Don’t Play Footsie with Racism’ – ‘Raising the specter of climate-caused mass migration…is climate advocacy dressed up as science that traffics in nationalist & even racist impulses’
- The Green New Deal is back, and it’s more radical than ever – AOC & Sen. Markey are reintroducing it in the House & Senate
- ‘Only one sausage per month for everyone!’ German Nutrition Society recommends over 90% reduction in daily meat eating– to combat global warming
- Great Food Reset: Irish Gov’t Seeks to Sacrifice 200,000 Cows To Reach Net Zero Climate Goals – Kerry targets U.S. farmers Next!
- Domestic Flights Banned in France to Cut Carbon – Morano warned Tucker Carlson specifically about travel bans back in 2021
- Watch: Morano on OAN TV on France flight bans: ‘This is what a climate lockdown looks like. This is what the Great Reset looks like’
- Watch: Morano on Newsmax TV banning airline flights: ‘The fix is in’ – ‘They are abolishing the middle class, they are treating us like the unwashed masses’