‘Climate Talking Points For Trump’
- There is no 97% consensus of scientists. In a recent survey of the professional members of the American Meteorological Society, only 52% believed that global warming was primarily man-made – much less dangerous.
2. Heatwaves are not getting worse. According to the EPA, the worst heatwaves in the US (by far) occurred during the 1930’s – when the Midwest commonly saw temperatures over 110 degrees, and as high as 120 degrees.
3. Droughts are not getting worse. According to NOAA, the US has been getting steadily wetter over the past century.
4. Scientists say that California has had much more severe droughts in the past, lasting as long as 200 years. The past 100 years was the wettest century on record in California.
5. Hurricanes are not getting worse. The US is experiencing a record quiet period for hurricanes.
Jul 27 2016
No hurricanes have entered or developed in the Gulf of Mexico since September 2013, a stretch of well over 1,000 days. By the end of this week, the streak will be the longest on record, dating to the 1800s.
6. According to the Danish Meteorological Institute, the Arctic Ocean is full of thick ice. There is more ice on the Russian side than there has been in years, and a group of global warming sailors are currently blocked by impenetrable ice in the Northeast Passage.
Scientists predictions have consistently failed.
7. Polar Bear populations are not decreasing.
8. Sea level has been rising for 20,000 years, since the end of the last ice age. Most of that time much faster than now. It has nothing to do with humans.
9. According to NOAA, sea level is only rising 1.7 to 1.8 mm/year. At that rate, it will take thousands of years for Manhattan to drown.
the absolute global sea level rise is believed to be 1.7-1.8 millimeters/year.
10. According to NOAA, sea level at Manhattan has been rising at about the same rate (2.8 mm/year) since the 1850’s. There is no indication that humans are affecting the rate of sea level rise.
11. Glaciers have been melting for a very long time. In 1879, John Muir found that Alaska’s largest glacier had retreated 48 miles since 1794. 20,000 years ago, Chicago was buried under a mile of glacial ice.
12. Forest fires are not getting worse. According to USDA, the US had five times as much burn acreage in the 1930’s as we do now. The New York Times confirmed this.
13. Climate models have failed, and greatly over-predict warming.
14. Our most accurate systems for measuring global temperature, satellites, show that this year is no warmer than 1998.
15. NASA shows that global surface temperatures have fallen 0.54 degrees C over the last four months. The largest drop on record in such a short time.
These points are unassailable, and backed by government data.