Links tagged “ralph cicerone”
- Climatologist Dr. Roger Pielke Sr.: The Politicalization of U.S. National Academies — NAS endorses the photo contest showing how ‘your community is lowering greenhouse gas emissions’
'The failure of [NAS] to serve as an honest broker for independent, objective advice on climate issues that affect people's lives worldwide is abundanatly clear'
Flashback: Science groups turn to advocacy as $6 million NAS study used to lobby for climate bill -- NAS 'produces science that fits AGW narrative'Posted May 18, 20117:58 AM by Marc Morano | Tags: funding, media, ralph cicerone, science
- Anti-GOP bias at the NAS: ‘Science Insider has printed a courageous article about the left-wing bias of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences’
'The academy invited the former and current science advisers to the U.S. presidents to a symposium. All of the attendants turned out to be Democrats who served for Democrats, starting from Frank Press who served for Jimmy Carter'
- Paging Gingrich: Repulsive: Flashback: NAS’s National Research Council Turns into political advocacy group: $6 million NAS study used to lobby for climate bill
- Oh No! Newt cites NAS as ‘proof’ of consensus! Gingrich misunderstands National Academy of Sciences: ‘I say to all of my conservative friends, don’t assume automatically the entire (NAS) is wrong’
Gingrich: 'And I'd say to NAS don't assume that a vote by renowned scientists is necessarily true
Rebuttal: 'Believe it or not, the NAS does not opine on science. NAS does not pass judgment on scientific issues. Indeed, there is no mechanism to do so. The NAS has an affiliate called National Research Council...produces reports of varying quality that represent consensus views of the panels'
- Tax dollars used by NAS’ National Research Council for full ‘advocacy’ on ‘urgent’ climate ‘action’ — ‘This is the first time the National Academies came out with those strong words to say that’
NAS' NRC: 'Our climate specialists assist federal, regional, and international agencies with development of climate change policy'
Climatologist Pielke Sr. Slams: 'It is clear that the NRC has elected to be an advocate on a particular perspective with respect to climate, and the human role, rather than serving as a facilitator which permits the assessment of the diversity of scientifically supported viewpoints on this issue'
- Report: ‘Science Corruption at the National Academies of Science’
- Climatologist ridicules NAS warming panel: ‘Another in a numbing succession of groupthink reports predicting end of the world unless U.S. dramatically reduces its emissions of Co2. Pronto’
Report 'blatantly political': NAS report is 'designed to be used by unelected regulators as scientific cover for what our legislature refuses to do, which is to enact expensive and intrusive restrictions on emissions of Co2' -- Several authors are environmental activists, and the National Academies' President, Ralph Cicerone, has been on a mission to demonize carbon dioxide for decades'
- NAS Panel Backs Manufactured Crisis to Tame Climate Change: NAS document lays out a strategy for manufacturing a crisis by both exaggerating climate threat and artificially raising fossil-fuel prices’
- NAS/NRC Climate Panel Fails The Laugh Test: ‘5 of 23 panelists are or were staffers for env. activist orgs’
'Prior to publishing the NAS/NRC report, 19 of 23 made statements claiming global warming is a human induced problem and/or we need to take action to reduce CO2. That means 83% of panel was clearly and obviously biased before being selected. To claim that a report from such a small panel, comprised primarily of non-climate scientists and environmental activists, is objective and scientifically authoritative is a joke'
- NRC predetermined outcome of report: ‘Of the first eight names, only one appears to be a climate scientist. The others are engineers, lawyers, and public policy types’
UN Advisor Sophia Kianni says the quiet part out loud! ‘Remember when we treated COVID-19 like an emergency? Well it’s time to do the same for climate change’
‘Climate Brides’ – Media claims ‘Pakistan’s Climate Crisis of Child Marriage’ Due to Floods – ‘Patriarchal power structures impose disproportionate climate-related harms on women & girls’
Your Future Meals Could Come From A 3D Printer ‘to combat climate-related food insecurity’, Researchers Say – ‘Food paste is squeezed through a syringe’ into 3D printer
Printed food is already being used to make imitation meat cuts from soy protein and chickpeas at several restaurants and butchers in Europe, Reuters reported in October. ... “If you buy any packaged food at the supermarket, then you’re practically eating 3D-printed food already,” Lynette Kucsma, chief marketing officer at Natural Machines, a firm that develops a food printer known as Foodini, told C&EN. ... “We do believe that in 10 to 15 years, 3D food printers will become a common kitchen appliance like your oven or microwave is today,” Kuscma told the outlet. ...
Researchers from the University of Ottawa examined a variety of technologies and found that “material extrusion,” where food paste is squeezed through a syringe and layered upon itself, was relatively inexpensive and low-effort compared to other options, in a recent study. A Danish government adviser recently recommended citizens cut their meat consumption by two-thirds in order to help the country hit its climate targets.
BERLIN’S CLIMATE-NEUTRAL-BY-2030 REFERENDUM FAILS!