Links tagged “key”
- At Last, The Right Lesson From Climategate Fiasco: Scientists’ new paper in journal Science: ‘The time has come for all science journals to begin requiring computer source code be made available…’
'...as a condition of publication. Currently, they say, only three of the top twenty journals do so'Posted March 30, 20129:45 PM by Marc Morano | Tags: coal, development, earthhour, energy, key, mkey
- Warmist Mike Hulme: Since 1979, China’s ‘one-child’ policy’ has ‘avoided’ 300 million births — Reducing ‘about 1.2 billion tonnes of CO2 from being emitted annually to global atmosphere’
Former? Warmist David Appell mocks Overpopulation/climate fears: 'On the other hand, maybe one of those 300 Million people would have invented a technique for massive noncarbon energy production'
- UN IPCC Chief Pachauri Knew AR5′s Outcome Five Years In Advance: ‘When IPCC’s 5th assessment comes out in 2013 or 2014, there will be a major revival of interest in action that has to be taken’
Pachauri: 'People are going to say, 'My God, we are going to have to take action much faster than we had planned.'
Reaction: 'Why even pretend they are doing science? The outcomes were determined by politicians before the scientists even started'
- Update: Climate Depot Exclusive: Climategate prof. Michael Mann may be moving back to the University of Virginia — Reportedly about to be offered ‘chaired professorship’ at UVA
- 90 year old UN IPCC climate scientist rips UN IPCC: ‘There is currently no evidence that increased human-based emissions of CO2 or other ‘greenhouse gases’ have any measurable effect on the climate’
IPCC's Dr. Vincent Gray: 'This view is based upon my experience as an expert reviewer of all of the Reports of IPCC & an intimate knowledge of everything in them. The climate is such a complex system that any system which purports to understand it has to prove that it can forecast future climate over the whole range for which it is considered suitable, to a satisfactory level of accuracy, before it can be accepted'
- 50 Top NASA Astronauts, Scientists, Engineers Sign Letter Ripping ‘NASA’s advocacy of an extreme [climate] position…warn of ‘damage” to reputation of NASA…..even the reputation of science itself’
'50 NASA experts, with more than 1000 years of combined professional experience: 'As former NASA employees, we feel that NASA's advocacy of an extreme position, prior to a thorough study of the possible overwhelming impact of natural climate drivers is inappropriate. We request that NASA refrain from including unproven and unsupported remarks in its future releases and websites on this subject'
- Flashback: Greenie David Roberts of Grist turns on NASA’s Hansen: ‘I know I’m not supposed to say this, but Hansen managed his transition from scientist to activist *terribly*. All influence lost’
- UK Doctor’s office bans elderly patient over her ‘carbon footprint’: 83-year old women ‘ordered to find a new GP because of ‘carbon footprint’ of her two-mile round trips to the surgery’
She was told to address the 'green travelling issues' over her journeys from her home in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, to the West Road Surgery.
'I found it absolutely ridiculous they were saying the reason was to decrease their carbon footprint'
- Nature Conservancy chief scientist admits ‘data simply do not support idea of a fragile nature at risk of collapse’ –demise of formerly abundant species can be inconsequential to ecosystem function’
'Ecologists now know that disappearance of one species does not necessarily lead to extinction of any others, much less all others in same ecosystem...A thorough review of literature identified 240 studies of ecosystems following deforestation, mining, oil spills, & other types of pollution. The abundance of plant & animal species & other measures of ecosystem function recovered, at least partially, in 173 (72%) of these studies'
- ‘Earth Hour?!’ Celebrate Coal not Candles: ‘It was coal that produced clean electric power which cleared the smog produced by dirty combustion & open fires in big cities like London and Pittsburgh’
'It was coal that saved the forests being felled to fuel the first steam engines and produce charcoal for the first iron smelters. It was coal that powered the light bulbs and saved the whales being slaughtered for whale oil lamps. Without coal, we would be back in the dark days of candles, wood stoves, chip heaters, open fires, smoky cities, hills bare of trees and streets knee deep in horse manure'
CNN: UN report warns ‘the climate time bomb is ticking’
Flashback: Earth ‘serially doomed’: The official history of climate ‘Tipping Points’ began in 1864 – A new ‘global warming’ 12-year deadline from Rep. Ocasio-Cortez
Climate Tipping Points date back to at least 1864
“As early as 1864 George Perkins Marsh, sometimes said to be the father of American ecology, warned that the earth was ‘fast becoming an unfit home for its “noblest inhabitant,”’ and that unless men changed their ways it would be reduced ‘to such a condition of impoverished productiveness, of shattered surface, of climatic excess, as to threaten the depravation, barbarism, and perhaps even extinction of the species.’” —MIT professor Leo Marx
UN Is A Climate ‘Disinformation Threat Actor’ – If UN & U.S. govt are so committed to censoring disinformation, why are they themselves spreading it?
UN IPCC’s new report insists we can control weather & climate: ‘Whatever future we end up with is within our control’ — ‘If we act now’
It “is quite clear that whatever future we end up with is within our control,” Piers Forster, who helped write one of the panel’s earlier reports, told the Times. “It is up to humanity … to determine what we end up with.”
- Report: ‘Here’s what to expect from the latest UN climate change assessment’ – ‘Likely to feature…bold headlines’