Links tagged “fires”
- U.S. Fire Season Continues To Be The Quietest On Record
Posted July 2, 20129:06 PM by Marc Morano | Tags: astrology, cullen, droughts, fires
- 2013 Global Warming Update: ‘Temps have been below normal in 75% of US — Tornadoes have been below normal — Forest fires have been at a record lows — No global warming for over 17 years’
'The permanent corn belt drought is over -- Arctic ice is very close to normal -- Antarctic ice is above normal -- Arctic temperatures are at a record low for this time of year -- Longest period since the Civil War without a major hurricane landfall in the U.S .-- Despite the fact that there is zero evidence supporting their position, our apocalyptic friends continue to ramp up the BS – with full support from the White House.'
- The Massive Fire Of 1890: ‘The MSM is reporting that the fire today is the worst in Colorado history. This is patently absurd, it isn’t even in the same league as some of the fires from the 1890s’
'The 1890 fire was about 100X larger'
Meteorologist Joe Bastardi slams Warmist Heidi Cullen: ‘Colorado Wildfire distortion(given fires well below normal this year) by these propagandists examples of climatic ambulance chasing’
Bastardi: 'More Distortion from @HeidiCullen . The Sept 1898 Wildfire much larger.The "destructive "aspect is due to population increase, not wildfire’
- Despite global warming hype, wildfires at 10-year low
'U.S. government data show that wildfires are at a 10-year low. According to the National Interagency Fire Center, there were 13,115 fires between January 1st and May 3rd of this year, which burnt a total of 153,277 acres — about half as much as burned last year. This is lowest spring for wildfires since 2004, according to NIFC. 'Wildfire activity remains light throughout the US. Two new large fires were reported this week and one was contained,' according to the latest update from NFIC.
- Quietest Year On Record For US Forest Fires: ‘2013 is having the coldest spring on record, the fewest tornadoes on record, and also the fewest forest fires on record’
- ‘Forest fire counts have been plummeting since 2006, and are currently the lowest on record in the National Interagency Fire database’
- Global Warming Debate on Laura Ingraham Show: Heartland’s James M. Taylor vs. Kurt Davies of Greenpeace
Taylor: 'What we know for a fact is the number of wildfires in U.S. is on a 35 year downward trend and the total number of acres burned this fire season is below the 10-year average. We know from peer reviewed studies that soil moisture has increased for a century. Here you have the rhetoric of the left vs. the science and the facts and the data that shows we are not facing a crisis'
- Fire And Lightning Never Happened Before?!
- New paper finds Northern Rockies fire activity was highest when CO2 levels were ‘safe’
'Paper published in Geophysical Research Letters reconstructs annual area burned in Northern Rockies from 1626 to 2008 and finds the periods of greatest fire activity were in the early 1600's and during the period 1929-1945, both of which had 'safe' levels of CO2 below 350 ppm'
- Heidi Cullen Says That The Fires Of 2012 Are Due To Your SUV — If So, Then ‘The fires of 1910 were due to your great grandfather’s horse’
'Heidi Should Stick To Her Area Of Expertise – If She Has One...Heidi, you have no idea what you are talking about. Colorado forests can't exist without fire'
Climate ‘scam’: An ‘all-encompassing fraud’ with ‘authoritarians & corporatists bent on achieving even more centralized political power & economic wealth’
Ed Ring: What is actually beyond debate is not that we are in a climate crisis but that if we don’t stop destroying our conventional energy economy, we are going to be in a civilizational crisis. Energy is the foundation of everything—prosperity, freedom, upward mobility, national wealth, individual economic independence, functional water and transportation infrastructure, commercial-scale agriculture, mining, and industry. Without energy, it all goes dark. And “renewables” are not even remotely capable of replacing oil, gas, coal, nuclear, and hydroelectric power. It’s impossible. The only people who think renewables are capable of replacing conventional energy are either uninformed, innumerate, or corrupt. Period. ...
Were America’s oil and gas companies simply supposed to believe all these nascent theories and shut down? What exactly should they have done, back in the mid-1960s, to cope with this allegedly looming climate emergency? Were solar panels and wind turbines ready for rapid deployment back then? Of course not, especially since solar panels from China, and wind turbines from Germany, are still not capable of providing more than a small fraction of the energy we need. The real crime, if you want to call it that, isn’t that oil and gas companies questioned climate change theories back in the 1960s or ’70s. It’s that they’re accepting them now.
Arnold Schwarzenegger Wants to ‘Rephrase’ Climate Change: ‘No One Gives a S–t About That’ – “Let’s go & rephrase this…really tell people we’re talking about pollution. Pollution creates climate change, and pollution kills.”
Flashback: Schwarzenegger touts ‘air-drying your clothes for 6 months to save 700 pounds of carbon dioxide’ -- While daily commuting to Gov. mansion via private jet
What climate ‘crisis?! Record World Cereal Outputs Forecast for 2023/24
Watch: Fmr. Rep. Michele Bachmann at WHO Meeting in Geneva – Previews pandemic lockdowns & medical tyranny