Links tagged “economy”
- Green Jobs? What About The Industries We Are Destroying because of green agenda?
Posted July 29, 20132:28 PM by Marc Morano | Tags: barack obama, economy, energy, ethicaloil, keystone
- Rising Superpower: China’s Recovery Prioritises Its Economy, Ignores Green Ideology
- CNBC: ‘Climate deniers’ are plotting Trump’s path to the holy grail of deregulation
- HOPE IN COAL COUNTRY: ‘I’m back to work. It’s real’
- ‘Closely divided’ U.S. Supreme Court Justices question Obama climate regulations: Examining whether Obama’s EPA ‘exceeded its authority in trying to regulate ghg emissions – Justice Kennedy holds the swing vote
- Obama on Keystone pipeline: ‘I’m going to evaluate this based on whether or not this is going to significantly contribute to carbon [sic] in our atmosphere’
Obama mocks Keystone XL pipeline jobs: '...the most realistic estimates are this might create maybe 2,000 jobs during the construction of the pipeline — which might take a year or two — and then after that we’re talking about somewhere between 50 and 100 [chuckles] jobs in a economy of 150 million working people.'
NYT: Yet there are a number of unions who want you to approve this.
MR. OBAMA: 'Well, look, they might like to see 2,000 jobs initially. But that is a blip relative to the need.'
- Obama Treasury Secretary Jack Lew blames GOP for Keystone XL delay
Lew: "There were some political games that were played, that took it off the trail and path to completion, where Republicans put it out there as something that was put on a timetable that it could not be resolved. It caused a delay'
- TransCanada rebuts Obama on Keystone XL jobs: ‘It is not logical to think a $7.6 billion infrastructure project stretching across the entire breadth of the continental U.S. wouldn’t employ thousands of workers both in the manufacturing sector and in constructing the pipeline’
- Obama’s sneer at tar sands jobs is a sneer at $17 trillion in wealth creation
'Alberta has reserves on the order of 170 billion barrels of oil locked in the tar sands. Left alone, the tar sands are worth nothing. But excavated and processed into crude oil, they are worth (at today’s prices) more than $100 per barrel — i.,e, $17 trillion. That is a lot of wealth to create out of nothing — wealth that can create a lot of jobs.'
2023 Edition: What the media won’t tell you about . . . hurricanes – The science and data reporters refuse to report – Dr. Roger Pielke Jr.
Dr. Roger Pielke Jr.: The science and data reporters refuse to report: "Hurricane landfalls along the continental U.S. show no trends since at least 1900.""Development and growth are sufficient to explain why hurricane damage has increased dramatically."
Climate Lockdowns Begin: France bans short-haul flights in favor of train travel ‘to cut carbon emissions’
Marc Morano comment on banning short airline flights: “You were warned! This is what a climate lockdown looks like. This is what the Great Reset looks like. The climate agenda demands you give up airline travel, car travel, cheap reliable energy, and plentiful food. Net Zero goals are now dictating vehicle shortages to force more people into mass transit.
They're going after your freedom of movement; they're going after private car ownership, they're going after everything it means to be a free person and turning it over to the administrative state."
Climate skeptics’ panel discussion at Princeton ‘Zoom-bombed’! ‘The N-word & a doodle of male genitalia’ appeared over Dr. Will Happer’s presentation slides
Princeton Alumni Weekly: "A panel titled “Climate Change is NOT an Emergency,” sponsored by the Conservative Princeton Association, featured speakers arguing that the media and policymakers are pushing a narrative laden with misinformation and fear. ... William Happer *64, an emeritus professor of physics at Princeton, said you can’t “dial” the Earth’s temperature up and down using carbon dioxide levels.
While Happer was speaking, the panel was Zoom-bombed: The N-word and a doodle of male genitalia suddenly appeared on the screen over his slides. The technical staff immediately shut down the event on Zoom, and it continued in person only.
Physicist: ‘The frequency & severity of floods, droughts, hurricanes, tornadoes, heat waves & wildfires are not increasing, & may even be declining in some cases’
"The frequency of North Atlantic hurricanes has been essentially unchanged since 1851, as seen in the following figure. The apparent heightened hurricane activity over the last 20 years, particularly in 2005 and 2020, simply reflects improvements in observational capabilities since 1970 and is unlikely to be a true climate trend, say a team of hurricane experts."