Links tagged “earthday”
- Listen: Morano on DC WMAL radio on Earth Day talks Matt Damon, Schwarzenegger & Hollywood hypocrisy – & More wealth = a cleaner environment
Posted April 22, 20133:41 PM by Marc Morano | Tags: astrology, blizzard, earthday, gore effect, mediacd
- Alex Epstein’s Earth Day truth: Fossil fuels make Earth BETTER – ‘World has never been a better place for human beings to live’
Epstein: "Fossil fuels are making Earth a better and better place by providing uniquely low-cost, reliable energy to billions of people--and are needed by billions more."
Fossil fuels have actually made us far safer from climate by providing low-cost energy for the amazing machines that protect us against storms, protect us against extreme temperatures, and alleviate drought. Climate disaster deaths have decreased *98%* over the last century.
Solar and wind only provide electricity (20% of energy use)—and they don't even do that well. Because solar and wind are unreliable, they don't replace reliable power plants—they add to the cost of reliable power plants.
3 billion people use less electricity than a typical American refrigerator. 1/3 of the world uses wood and dung for heating and cooking.
The world needs to continue and expand its massive use of fossil fuels, while ensuring we have the freedom necessary for truly cost-effective alternatives to emerge. E.g., we need to decriminalize reliable, non-carbon nuclear energy."
- Earth Day 2022: Investing in Poverty, Suffering, & Human Degradation
Benjamin Zycher: "As with every previous Earth Day, we will be bombarded with innumerable web sites both infantile and mendacious, crude propaganda exercises, myriad pleas for networking, virtue signaling as a central dynamic, mindless recommendations for localism and other useless, wasteful, and environmentally destructive silliness. And — of course — there will be the usual shameless groveling by a long queue of spineless corporate officials and public relations gasbags desperate to advertise their environmental bona fides so that the green alligators might eat them last."
- Earth Day’s failed predictions of 52 years ago & the amazing environmental improvements that have occurred since
Morano: "We should actually promote prosperity, technology, and wealth. We should do what we’ve been doing since the first Earth Day in 1970, when we had filthy rivers, dirty air, and massive pollution. We raised awareness and ended up with, in the 50 years since 1970, radical increases in population, radical increases in economic growth, and incredible improvements in just about everything, to the point where even mainstream media and climate activists now admit that the pollution problem has largely been solved. Where we were and where we are now is a light-and-day difference. I would argue that we do the best environmental policy, that we invest in technology, and that we keep doing what we’ve been doing."Watch: Morano on Jesse Watters Primetime on Fox News talks about failed climate tipping points going back to 1864
- Earth day is coming up. It is a good time to remind the public what the (failed) predictions were 52 years ago
- 50 years of climate predictions gone bust – The comic cries of climate apocalypse
- John Kerry in Earth Day Wonderland: ‘Biden-Kerry policies will fix, rig, and stack the odds against Team America’
- ‘March for Science’ invokes God, Hitler, Gay Marriage, Racism, Sexism – Blames GOP for making climate worse
- San Francisco Earth Day eve pot-smoking fest ends with ‘10,000 pounds of garbage strewn all over’
- Earth Day 2013: With a late-April blizzard looming during what may be the latest spring since 1950, global warming activists will rally at the Minnesota state capitol
Factsheet on the 'Gore Effect'-- 'Happens when global warming-related event, or appearance by Gore is marked by exceedingly cold weather/snow'
Even the UN IPCC Admits Climate Change Doesn’t Increase Forest Fires
Roger Pielke JR, a former chairman of the American Meteorological Society Committee on Weather Forecasting, points out that even the alarmist Intergovernmental Panel On Climate Change (IPCC) “has not detected or attributed fire occurrence or area burned to human-caused climate change.”
Canadian Wildfires – CLIMATE LOCKDOWNS BEGIN! Masks, stay-at-home orders, canceled schools, businesses & sporting events
Economist Martin Armstrong: "The governments are testing an ECONOMIC LOCKDOWN."
Canadian National Fire Database data disputes climate link to fires: ‘There has been a significant & continuing decline in the number of fires & no discernible trend in the area burned’
According to Canada’s Department of Natural Resources, fires have been occurring for thousands of years in the boreal forests of eastern Canada - not exactly unprecedented. In addition, they call fire a primary change agent that is as crucial to forest renewal as the sun and rain -perhaps not a calamity either.It appears that 2023 is on pace to be a year with unusually high numbers of fires. Yet the previous year was one of historically low numbers. The Canadian National Fire Database (2023) provides facts to dispute the idea of climate change-driven increases in fires in Canadian fires. According the CNFD, there has been a significant and continuing decline in the number of fires and no discernible trend in the area burned.
USA Today: Smoke ‘keeping temperatures cooler than average – Temps ‘running 5-8 degrees cooler than forecast due to smoke in the atmosphere’