Links tagged “biosphere”
- 1910: Father of global warming Prof. Svante Arrhenius believed that doubling CO2 would be a good thing
North Otago Times - April 16, 1910: 'As has been called to our attention by Prof. Arrhenius, the consumption of coal at present is returning to the stmosphere the carbon dioxide of which it was robbed when the deposits of carbon were stored away in the coal beds during the carboniferious period...a doubling of the quantity in the atmosphere would more than double the rate of growth of plant.'Posted April 7, 20138:01 PM by Marc Morano | Tags: az, biosphere, new study
- World agricultural output continues to rise, despite dire predictions of decline
- Geologist Dr. Bob Carter: Climate Scare is an abuse of science: ‘To call carbon dioxide a pollutant is
an abuse of logic;
is an abuse of language
and it’s an abuse of science’
- Climate Depot’s Round Up on Global Warming and Meat Eating, Agriculture and Cows
- CO2-induced global crop failure update?!: ‘Global wheat production will jump 6.9% to a record 701.1 million metric tons in the year that began on June 1, exceeding the 3% expansion in demand to 694.1 million tons’
- New peer-reviewed study in Geophysical Research Letters: ‘Increased carbon dioxide levels have had a fertilization effect, causing a gradual but steady greening of arid regions’
Skeptics vindicated again: Study sees climate upside in greening arid regions: 'Rising carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has a “fertilization effect” on plants in arid regions that has contributed to the flourishing of foliage there, Australian researchers report'
Study: Carbon dioxide 'has been having a 'fertilization effect' increasing foliage around the globe'
- It must be true — the models say so! New UEA climate propaganda: With business as usual, ‘two thirds of the plants and half of the animals will lose more than half of their climatic range by 2080…biodiversity will decline almost everywhere’
- Are biofuels Europe’s sh*ttiest idea ever?’Famine-causing … and not even environmentally friendly’
- Greens questioning Organic food: Agricultural scientist Steve Savage: ‘Contrary to widespread consumer belief, organic farming is not the best way to farm from an environmental point if view’
'The guiding principal of organic is to rely exclusively on natural inputs. That was decided early in the 20th century, decades before before the scientific disciplines of toxicology, environmental studies and climate science emerged to inform our understanding of how farming practices impact the environment. As both farming and science have progressed, there are now several cutting edge agricultural practices which are good for the environment, but difficult or impossible for organic farmers to implement within the constraints of their pre-scientific rules'
- Study: Sahara was verdant until 5,000 years ago; Then — ‘abrupt climate change’
Angry Polish miners hold mock Greta Thunberg funeral to protest EU climate policies – Chants of ‘thieves!’ at the EU building
Around 300 coal miners were present at Friday’s demonstration per Associated Press estimates, where they directed chants of “thieves!” at the EU building. They also used smoke flares and sirens to draw attention to the protest, prompting city authorities to temporarily close the area to traffic.
Wash, blow dry & talk to me about global warming please: Hairdressers trained to talk about ‘climate action’ to customers
Guardian: A salon in Sydney is spearheading workshops for hairdressers on how to steer small talk about the weather into conversations about global heating. ... More than 400 hairdressers have attended workshops as part of a project called A Brush With Climate...During the sessions, hairdressers hear the basics of climate science and get to role play how conversations might go. They also take one of the posters back to their own salons. ... Dr. Hannah McCann, a senior lecturer in cultural studies at the University of Melbourne, is researching the social and emotional role that hairdressers have with their clients. She says the hours at a time spent together, and the fact there’s plenty of touching, makes the relationship different from almost any other. ...
Garcia tells a story about one regular client, a mother of two. After having the climate chat and talking about solar power and ethical banking, she left happy. “She came back eight weeks later and she’s made all these changes. She was really proud."
WaPo: Why climate ‘doomers’ are replacing climate ‘deniers’ – ‘How UN reports & confusing headlines created a generation of people who believe climate change can’t be stopped’
Wash Post: There are different flavors of doomers. Some are middle-aged and have been influenced by outspoken scientists — like retired ecologist Guy McPherson — who claim that human extinction, or at least the breakdown of society, is imminent. (“I can’t imagine that there will be a human left on the Earth in 10 years,” McPherson has said.) These doomers drift toward conspiracy theories, sometimes claiming that the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is downplaying the seriousness of the issue. ...
Another climate activist: "The most difficult think I face being a 'climate doomer', is recognizing the shear pointlessness of everything that isn't focused on mitigation or limitation. Earning money to pay bills seems utterly ludicrous, I should be growing veg and collecting rainwater."
Definitive Guide to Extreme Weather: No trends or declining trends in hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, droughts, heat waves, disaster losses, wildfires – All peer-reviewed & official sources – By Dr. Roger Pielke Jr.
Dr. Roger Pielke Jr. "Everything you find in this thread. Everything -- is consistent with what has been reported in the IPCC & found in official data and the peer-reviewed literature."